IGNORED

What's up with this GBA game?

Fever Wonder Powerful, strange name but yeah you're right it's a Sankyo looks to be pachinko based game that never came out.

Do you need this dumped?  I've be really really curious to see this at play and archived privately or if you care to release it that's on you.  I've got a GB Operator, should likely be able to dump this.

On 1/21/2023 at 2:05 PM, Tanooki said:

Fever Wonder Powerful, strange name but yeah you're right it's a Sankyo looks to be pachinko based game that never came out.

Do you need this dumped?  I've be really really curious to see this at play and archived privately or if you care to release it that's on you.  I've got a GB Operator, should likely be able to dump this.

I do need a GBA dumper as I also have a Gunstar Super Heroes on the GBA I need to dump. The only issue here is when you play the game it appears to be Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith?

This all came from someone who got it out of a military storage unit at auction. There are some GBA SPs with the same kinds of labels on them, one is called "Luigi". It just seemed like an ordinary GBA SP to me? I need to go find all of these now that they've been scattered around here. There was even a Golden Sun that has these same exact stickers on the back. This is getting really interesting!

20230120_171446.jpg

20230120_171452.jpg

I'm gonna through out a theory on this odd item.  I have no clue if this even makes sense.  Some dev had a kid who loved his GBA.  He had this game and loved it.  It died.  He went in to work, grabbed an proto off the shelf and flashed Revenge of the Sith to the cart, put it in the kids shell and gave it back too him.

I mean, it seems obvious that some unfinished project was probably legit on the cartridge.  Now, Revenge of the Sith is on it, which isn't surprising, but being in an OG shell for that game is what's truly bizarre.

I still think it's worth getting dumped.  Those of you who are more familiar with the process of reflashing these EEPROMs, I think, that when you reflash them you don't have to blank them out first.  There's a chance that in the unused areas of memory there might be data from the last game on it.  Probably not, but it's worth dumping and doing a diff check on this rom against RotS.

• Wow! 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Armageddon Potato said:

I do need a GBA dumper as I also have a Gunstar Super Heroes on the GBA I need to dump. The only issue here is when you play the game it appears to be Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith?

This all came from someone who got it out of a military storage unit at auction. There are some GBA SPs with the same kinds of labels on them, one is called "Luigi". It just seemed like an ordinary GBA SP to me? I need to go find all of these now that they've been scattered around here. There was even a Golden Sun that has these same exact stickers on the back. This is getting really interesting!

Wow...wtf.  I wonder if he got second hand goods, had a screwdriver set and messed around, or this is some really sketchy stuff, or even developers using a throw away shell for something different inside.  It's a mystery wrapped in another mystery.  That's beyond weird Gunstar = Sith.

I've got a few really really screwball items too, nothing on that level, just obscenely rare unique pieces but this is on another potential level of weird.

If you need a cheap kit, bennvenn sells the joey jr.  It can successfully dump most of those re-writable chinese pcb carts for GB through GBA very fast and easy.  You could load the cart there, hit some buttons and dump the contents and that would solve it.

$40 in stock currently, that's all.
https://bennvenn.myshopify.com/products/usb-gb-c-cart-dumper-the-joey-jr

I do agree with @RH the potential for that is there, but either way, that kit can flash/write/read almost any cart, even the official Nintendo GB Memory (DMG/GBC) cart like the old Lawsons kiosks could do, so it might be worth the small cost.  I've been tempted but they're still working on my epilogue kit software adding more boards so I'm being patient for now.

Edited by Tanooki

On 1/26/2023 at 10:48 AM, Tanooki said:

Wow...wtf.  I wonder if he got second hand goods, had a screwdriver set and messed around, or this is some really sketchy stuff, or even developers using a throw away shell for something different inside.  It's a mystery wrapped in another mystery.  That's beyond weird Gunstar = Sith.

I've got a few really really screwball items too, nothing on that level, just obscenely rare unique pieces but this is on another potential level of weird.

If you need a cheap kit, bennvenn sells the joey jr.  It can successfully dump most of those re-writable chinese pcb carts for GB through GBA very fast and easy.  You could load the cart there, hit some buttons and dump the contents and that would solve it.

$40 in stock currently, that's all.
https://bennvenn.myshopify.com/products/usb-gb-c-cart-dumper-the-joey-jr

I do agree with @RH the potential for that is there, but either way, that kit can flash/write/read almost any cart, even the official Nintendo GB Memory (DMG/GBC) cart like the old Lawsons kiosks could do, so it might be worth the small cost.  I've been tempted but they're still working on my epilogue kit software adding more boards so I'm being patient for now.

Thank you for the link bud, I'll be ordering it asap!

I actually traded a Yu-Gi-Oh Sacred Cards cartridge to someone that had these stickers on them, and now I'm going to have to see if I can recover it from them after they check the board. Looks like we got a mystery on our hands gang!

mystery1.jpg

Edited by Armageddon Potato
  • Agree 1