IGNORED

Does anybody know the expected delays for receiving a package from Royal Mail in the US??

final fight cd

I bought an item from a seller in the UK on eBay in early November. The carrier is Royal Mail.  I'm not sure exactly what is going on, but Royal Mail is having problems.  When I check the tracking number provided it says a national strike will occur on December 14, 15, 23, and 24th and the message says "An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item."   I'm not even sure what this message even means. Has the package been chilling at the post office for the past 6 weeks? Will an update only be provided when my mail man actually has it in hand and is delivering it?  

The seller has good feedback, so I doubt anything malicious was done.  But the lack of any useful information from the tracking number and the lack of a response from a message I sent about a week ago makes me wonder.  

Has anybody from the US recently bought an item from the UK? If so, did you receive it and what was the time frame?  Considering the Royal Mail issues, how long would you all wait before making an eBay complaint? 

I feel like I got something from the UK in November or October and I didn’t have any issues. Just like the normal week or so for it to make it to customs and get out. I’m not sure what the statute of limitations is on eBay/PayPal (if that’s how you paid) buyer protection but I’d open a case just to have it open in case you need to get your money back. This would also force the seller to at least check with their post office to see if anything can be done

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

It  is likely a generic message to all prospective recipients of packages in a certain time frame

I ordered 3 games from Signature Edition on 11/23 and they had a similar message.  The games were sent on 11/25 and I got them on 12/8. 

So unless something is wonky your package should have cleared England before the strike days.

• Like 1