IGNORED

Finally finished my main series LoZ collection!

DpadDanny

After sitting on one more game remaining for a year or so, I finally snagged the last one I need (Spirit Tracks). I'd like to get the cdi games at some point just for the novelty if nothing else, but as we all know, they are not included in the core series. I'm not sure what series I'm going to move onto next- thinking maybe Kirby, Sonic or FF.

20191107_210731.jpg

Edited by DpadDanny
Typo
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, RH said:

Go... go for variants next. You don't have to go for international copies.  There's PLENTY of diversity in the US of A.

Idk, I've never been the type to go after multiple copies of the same game. I get the appeal, but I think the only variant i would want to have would be silver label/yellow label Metroid for NES- I only have the silver one currently.

2 minutes ago, DpadDanny said:

Idk, I've never been the type to go after multiple copies of the same game. I get the appeal, but I think the only variant i would want to have would be silver label/yellow label Metroid for NES- I only have the silver one currently.

Yeah, I get it.  I got bit by the variant bug and I kind of wish I hadn't but there's no going back.  There are quite a few rare variants for common games.  It's kind of fun hunting for a game, scouring posts for months, if not years, looking for a specific variant and THEN picking it up "cheap" because people don't know it's rare.

But, that's also more money you could put in new games, rather than games you already own.

7 minutes ago, RH said:

Yeah, I get it.  I got bit by the variant bug and I kind of wish I hadn't but there's no going back.  There are quite a few rare variants for common games.  It's kind of fun hunting for a game, scouring posts for months, if not years, looking for a specific variant and THEN picking it up "cheap" because people don't know it's rare.

But, that's also more money you could put in new games, rather than games you already own.

Oh I'm sure that those 'holy crap!' Moments pack a bit more punch after all that looking around for that specific variation that would go unnoticed by a lesser trained eye.

Can you explain your definition of main series LoZ collection? I don't see Link's Awakening DX which leads me to believe you don't consider ports as part of the main series. However, you have Twilight Princess for Wii which is actually a port of the GC version and you also have BotW and Hyrule Warriors for Switch but they are technically ports of the Wii U versions. 

You are missing the 3DS versions of OoT and MM so I assumed you don't consider remakes but then you have Link's Awakening for Switch which is a remake.

Also I personally consider titles like Hyrule Warriors and Four Swords to be spin-offs rather than a part of the main series.

No doubt it's a great collection for your personal satisfaction but I just wanted to understand your point of view 🙂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bowser said:

Can you explain your definition of main series LoZ collection? I don't see Link's Awakening DX which leads me to believe you don't consider ports as part of the main series. However, you have Twilight Princess for Wii which is actually a port of the GC version and you also have BotW and Hyrule Warriors for Switch but they are technically ports of the Wii U versions. 

You are missing the 3DS versions of OoT and MM so I assumed you don't consider remakes but then you have Link's Awakening for Switch which is a remake.

Also I personally consider titles like Hyrule Warriors and Four Swords to be spin-offs rather than a part of the main series.

No doubt it's a great collection for your personal satisfaction but I just wanted to understand your point of view 🙂 

Lol no worries at all- I had this same convo with a guy on FB when he asked me why I included links awakening remake and not any other remakes/ports. Answer was, idk- it was nearby I guess because it's more of a remake remake, rather than a more simple port like a lot of the other ones (some with a few new bells and whistles sure, like color dungeon in LADX) which would spread out to the bonus discs and NES hits gba carts. As for the Wii version of TP, it's the same game, so I consider both versions interchangeable to a degree. However, I was going on Nintendo Age's collection badge list, where the same philosophy was usually applied. I dont have a local copy of the doc, but I dont think Links awakening DX was included on it.

Now as mentioned before if I was going for every version and every variant, I'd totally be on the other side of the fence. But think of it as like the core or base set where every instalment is represented. 

• 1 month later...