IGNORED

Switch pro controller fixed

drxandy

Mandy's pro controller stopped registering left shoulder button presses from being dropped too many times.. so we disassembled and tried cleaning to no success. After a bit of research we discovered replacement part trigger flex ribbons available (there's even clicky ones, a bit more expensive than the regular but super cool to see available)

spacer.png

The bad part removed. It was adhesived to the plastic assembly so I used an exacto knife to get under and slowly pry.. after watching a YouTube video seeing someone leave this in and put the replacement over it, I think I would try that next time I work on one. The replacement part we got did not have adhesive but it stays in place due to the button membranes without issue.

Mandy got some cool soft pink replacement buttons/handles since we were already in there and here's the result:

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's making me want to do my controller up now too hahah. Feeling, looking and playing great so far.

Here's a different video of the manufacturer installing the clicky button flex ribbon cable, pretty much the same process:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...