IGNORED

Everdrive GBA Mini help

Jeevan

Events Helper · Posted

Anyone here ever used a GBA Mini everdrive?  If so were you able to get the GB backups to save like they should?  I used my Mario's Picross backup to test it out and it would not save like a normal cart.  Using latest goomba.  Any help appreciated!

This is my everdrive:  https://imgur.com/a/zdcjj18

The GBA everdrive.. from what I understand doesn't have native support for gb/gbc games because the hardware recognizes to switch to that mode through a switch or voltage or something through an original cart.. having a hard time trying to fully explain but from what I read its just emulating it through goomba so the support is kinda hit or miss. Basically if you want the best support for gb/gbc a Gameboy flashcart is the way to go. I also hear theres a good clone of the gb cart for like 30$ on AliExpress but I haven't tried it myself.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

I found out that if i use goombacolor instead of goomba 2.0 it saves mario's picross just fine......

Not sure if anyone else has done this, the everdrive website forum is just dead for the most part and not very helpful, so maybe this is where I can archive this for future everdrivers.......

Anyone else have any extra hints/tips please let me know.

• Like 1

I never used Goomba, it was lacking compared to Goomba Color.

THe everdrive site isn't helpful on such patched in ROM support, never was, usually I think in the past you' find someone refer back to the real source, off site.

THIS is the authors site: https://www.dwedit.org/gba/goombacolor.php

I used to speak with the author of and on for years in another lifetime of emulation shenanigans, and they're still active in the community and do stuff.  Not sure they still update the emulator really, but it's possible as the site itself hasn't been touched since a 2019 update.

• Like 1