IGNORED

Is it rare? SNES game question

Fern

Hi,

I am listing my old SNES collection on eBay and am surprised to have got a lot of buy it now offers way over what I expected to get.

Can people tell me if it's rare and how much it's actually worth?

Collection with 16 games including

Complete boxed lethal enforcers game with gun and manual

Complete cliffhangers boxed game with manual

Complete super pang boxed game with manual

Feel free to bid too if you fancy, current bid is around 300.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155118949123?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=my1M4GUIQo2&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=my1M4GUIQo2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I don't think anything here is particularly rare. It's just that SNES prices in general have gone up a lot recently, same as most other "retro gaming" stuff. This is especially true for boxed copies which have become increasingly more coveted compared to cart-only.

Without looking up the value of each individual item (I think you could probably do that yourself too if you want to know more), I imagine Battletoads and Super Pang are probably the more interesting titles here, outside of course from the boxed hardware (SNES and Lethal Enforces)

Edited by Sumez
  • Agree 1

That will go quite a bit higher I have no doubt, despite it being PAL region as the US stuff largely gets the disgustingly outrageous prices you have something special there.

Complete boxes up console and games and accessories with a game (Lethal Enforcers) which are getting exceedingly harder to find, but in that kind of smooth clean shiny nice shape that's exceptionally more rare to come across.

That console variant, that was regional as we never got SF2 bundled with a console here, though I imagine that Capcom partnership would have sold a lot of systems if it did because Nintendo stepped up a few years later and did a custom Killer Instinct box in 1995 for their own title.

Also I'd take another image of the console box contents spread out, it'll help your case for making a good bit more money because the mystery is gone and buyers can see what shape stuff in the box is in.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

That will go quite a bit higher I have no doubt, despite it being PAL region as the US stuff largely gets the disgustingly outrageous prices

😄😄😄

You clearly have not suffered the dread that is the European used games market. 

Yeah, the US has the occasionally outrageously priced collectors item, but they also have a lot of games available for cheap. I was pretty flabbergasted when I visited a physical used games market in North America and every game there on average cost less than half (and usually a third) of what the equivalent would have cost here.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sumez said:

😄😄😄

You clearly have not suffered the dread that is the European used games market. 

Yeah, the US has the occasionally outrageously priced collectors item, but they also have a lot of games available for cheap. I was pretty flabbergasted when I visited a physical used games market in North America and every game there on average cost less than half (and usually a third) of what the equivalent would have cost here.

Agreed. PAL collecting in general is the worst. Same story in Australia. Even the most beat up common game goes for crazy prices and people actually pay it. 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Tanooki said:

That will go quite a bit higher I have no doubt, despite it being PAL region as the US stuff largely gets the disgustingly outrageous prices you have something special there.

Complete boxes up console and games and accessories with a game (Lethal Enforcers) which are getting exceedingly harder to find, but in that kind of smooth clean shiny nice shape that's exceptionally more rare to come across.

That console variant, that was regional as we never got SF2 bundled with a console here, though I imagine that Capcom partnership would have sold a lot of systems if it did because Nintendo stepped up a few years later and did a custom Killer Instinct box in 1995 for their own title.

Also I'd take another image of the console box contents spread out, it'll help your case for making a good bit more money because the mystery is gone and buyers can see what shape stuff in the box is in.

Thanks so much for this advice ! Opened the box for first time in a long time to discover a mint condition SFII massive poster. Will upload those photos soon too 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Fern said:

Now another buyer has asked for the codes stamped on the back of the rarer game cartridges - anyone know what it means? He seems particularly interested in Starwing having the stamp 20A on the back. I had never even noticed these stamps before.

They are pressed in letters and numbers on the rear label of the game cartridges.  If you hold the cartridge with the back facing you and move it around in a strong light source you should see them embossed on there.  The buyer is checking to see if the carts are real.

Another question you might get is to open the carts and show board pictures.

8 hours ago, Fern said:

Thanks so much for this advice ! Opened the box for first time in a long time to discover a mint condition SFII massive poster. Will upload those photos soon too 

That sounds utterly fantastic.  If you had the time, interest, care, taking it over a flatbed scanner would be best then stitching the image together into one big clean one.  Given it's SF2 art it'll be very desirable even as just something to passively enjoy as a JPG or wallpaper on a computer/phone/tablet too.

4 hours ago, Fern said:

Now another buyer has asked for the codes stamped on the back of the rarer game cartridges - anyone know what it means? He seems particularly interested in Starwing having the stamp 20A on the back. I had never even noticed these stamps before.

Factory code on the rear sticker is proof that the game isn't a fraud.  That said, recent rear stickers do have them that are copies, but they're copies of the dent, not an actual pressed number.  Great to deceive on an online image, but in person it's obvious if you actually look or touch it.

• Thanks 1