IGNORED

Why a blanket "worldwide" designation for Sachen never made sense

Most of my Sachen original art boxes came from Finland. Then Germany, and Italy.

Italy has their own NES Sachen boxes with italian text. There are Sachen posters in English/German, and English/Spanish text.

Sachen can be found in South America, and there's anecdotal stories like mine where I can swear I seen them on Canal street in New York in bootleg media shops that were prominent in the late '90s and early 2000s.

The reason Sachen is considered "Global" is because they're all so rare, and seemingly all hand made for later print runs on a per-print basis. But in their early days they absolutely made batches and sent them out to be sold.

Sachen is a really interesting company, and the story will never be fully deciphered. But, the first step to achieving completion is dropping the "Worldwide" moniker.

Just looking at that poster shows that they released 8 of them in Denmark.

The reason I say Denmark, and not "Scandanavia" despite the poster showing it being distributed by "Electronic Land Scandanavia" is because the back of the box has a little sticker that says:

• Denne kassette er designet af firmaet Sachen i Taiwan. Den er ikke produceret, forhandlet eller godkendt af Nintendo, men den passer til din Game Boy

This translates from Danish to English into:

• This cassette is designed by the company Sachen in Taiwan. It is not manufactured, marketed or approved by Nintendo, but it does fit your Game Boy

ANOTHER wierd thing? The address on that poster is this little tiny shack...

https://goo.gl/maps/s2dXXwteopgRDJRh8

Meaning, it's very, very possible that this little stand in a remote part of northern Denmark was the only place to get these 8 games. *mindblown*

Finally: The poster says only 8 games released, but it goes up to Volume 009. They skipped volume 3...wat?

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Wow! 1