IGNORED

Combined shipping on Ebay, hidden item limit?

Alder

This is my first time using combined shipping on ebay. I loaded up my cart with a bunch of things from the same seller, over 70 items. The cart automatically combines shipping and it shows a shipping fee of $25 for everything. But when I go to check out, it says "To make your checkout easier, we've grouped these items for you to purchase first". It only has the first 40 items and the shipping is still > $20. Is my only option to go through with 2 transactions and spend double the shipping I was quoted in the cart? Is it limited based on value or number of items? Is this set by the seller or by ebay?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Administrator · Posted

I think it's set by ebay.   I was purchasing hockey cards from a seller and they mentioned something about only being able to buy 40 in a single transaction.

Might be worth messaging the seller and explaining your predicament?   They may be willing to refund excess shipping paid if you end up having to do two transactions.

Another option is to contact the seller and see what he/she would charge for shipping (my guess is if the items are valuable enough he/she is going to be flexible. 

Once you get the number you can load the items in the basket and request a total for everything from the seller - you have committed to buy them at this point though.  I doubt they would stiff you at this point since you will have the communication on prices to back you up.

Edited by Tabonga

32 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Another option is to contact the seller and see what he/she would charge for shipping (my guess is if the items are valuable enough he/she is going to be flexible. 

Once you get the number you can load the items in the basket and request a total for everything from the seller - you have committed to buy them at this point though.  I doubt they would stiff you at this point since you will have the communication on prices to back you up.

That approach has been hit-and-miss with me, but I think it works for this context.  I've had both good and bad experience with that feature.