IGNORED

Where Are The Game Stores In Vancouver?

I only have today to look around and the only ones I've seen on Google are:

- Play N Trade

- Game Deals

- Press Start

I'm thinking of going to Press Start and Game Deals since they're close to each other, do you recommend I make the drive all the way out to Play N Trade as well? I have my car here. Any others? I'm staying right next to Vancouver airport. I'm only looking for NES and Atari 2600, nothing else.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here are my reviews.

Play N Trade - I didn't go, too far.

Game Deals - This place was great. The staff was great, although the one employee seemed to complain about everyone but it was more funny than anything. The selection was great for NES and 2600, and the prices were great as well. And they were willing to deal since I was buying more than $300 worth of games.

Press Start - The owner had his daughter there and as I was bent down trying to look at games on the bottom shelf, she was piling toys on my back trying to see how many she could balance. I stood up and they all fell off and she just lost it laughing at how funny that was. I thought she was great but the store didn't have great selection and much of it was very pricey. I picked out two 2600 games (Checkers and Bugs) which I purchased and there was a Telegames Superman which I really wanted but it was overpriced.

This is what I ended up buying from both stores with the last 2 being from Press Start, everything else from Game Deals.

20220406_231218.jpg

20220406_231356.jpg

Sorry I didn't see this before. I just would've recommended Game Deals, so I believe you chose wisely! 

PS - are you the same CodeMonkey as the one who makes nice Unity videos on YouTube? If so, keep up the good work with your channel! I appreciate the Unity store sale vids.

On 4/7/2022 at 1:36 AM, tigerwolf said:

Sorry I didn't see this before. I just would've recommended Game Deals, so I believe you chose wisely! 

PS - are you the same CodeMonkey as the one who makes nice Unity videos on YouTube? If so, keep up the good work with your channel! I appreciate the Unity store sale vids.

I am not.

Be glad you skipped Play N Trade, that place is garbage. He wanted $50 for bottom barrel Intellivision games, and went up from there.  Only other one I made it to was Press Start, which didn't have much of interest but was fairly priced.  Funny though, the owner is a chick from Victoria, though she mentioned her dad was a co-owner.  Her son was there, and he was older...maybe her son had a kid?  I dunno, regardless, that was the only place I made it to that didn't suck nuts.  It's funny that there's way better places to go in Calgary than in Vancouver despite having a fraction of the population.  There was fuck-all for Vancouver gaming groups too...it's like retro isn't a big thing there.