IGNORED

What to do with Japanese Pokemon GB Crystal, Yellow, TCG games?

gcollects

Forgot I had bought these at a vintage japanese store a year ago and found while cleaning out my closet, they are in good condition as I stored in plastic cases. They have everything inside them(game, book, papers, etc) and from research seems to be a CIB since they were never sealed from manufacturing.

What is the best course of action here? Send to VGA to get graded since wata doesn't accept these yet(I had messaged them about it)? OR just sell raw or throw back into closet? I dont mind paying the grading fees too. 

Im new to video games collecting so any tips would be helpful! Thanks!

IMG_5890.JPG

IMG_5891.JPG

IMG_5892.JPG

Grading + Selling = No. These are niche as-is, so doing that can result in a loss of money in the end.

Grading + Storing = No. The only exemption to this rule is if you are looking for a way to move, and you want to make sure these are ready to be displayed.

Raw + Selling = Yes. If bought them cheap you might make a small profit.

Grading + Displaying = Definitely. I also recommend looking into CAS since the price difference might be marginal, especially if you get the acrylic upgrade.

In all cases, you might not have my lack of luck. Which is its own story. 😅

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2021 at 2:44 AM, FenrirZero said:

Grading + Selling = No. These are niche as-is, so doing that can result in a loss of money in the end.

Grading + Storing = No. The only exemption to this rule is if you are looking for a way to move, and you want to make sure these are ready to be displayed.

Raw + Selling = Yes. If bought them cheap you might make a small profit.

Grading + Displaying = Definitely. I also recommend looking into CAS since the price difference might be marginal, especially if you get the acrylic upgrade.

In all cases, you might not have my lack of luck. Which is its own story. 😅

what is CAS?

Anyway, responding to the post owner, any option is good depends on what you want. But they got good value right now and probably will increase, for now people has overlooked japanese pokemon copies. Here in spain the cristal version complete sells for 100 euros, same for pokemon yellow. 

Me, `personally, I would keep them with an acriclic case for displaying. I got the whole japanese pokemon games from green to crsytal and for a pokemon collector they are beautiful to have