IGNORED

Electronic customs forms

fcgamer

I remember there's a member here who works for the USPS, I'm hoping they can chime in on this thread.

Recently (from about April or May onwards) the local Taiwanense post office has been harassing me about signing up and using an app of theirs called ez post to submit electronic customs forms before mailing items to the United States. After kicking up a fuss, they send my parcels through, without submitting the electronic forms, but it's starting to get annoying, week by week, fighting this.

From what I have seen, electronic customs forms must be used when mailing to EU countries due to the change in taxes that recently occurred - no electronic form, it gets sent back. With the States though, it appears that submitting an electronic form is not a requirement, rather it "gets things processed faster", though I have not noticed any processing difference since this ez post bollocks started.

So my question: Is it a requirement for there to be an electronic customs form attached with a parcel that arrives from abroad being shipped into the USA, or not? Asking about going into the USA, not leaving the USA.

Thanks

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I remember there's a member here who works for the USPS, I'm hoping they can chime in on this thread.

Recently (from about April or May onwards) the local Taiwanense post office has been harassing me about signing up and using an app of theirs called ez post to submit electronic customs forms before mailing items to the United States. After kicking up a fuss, they send my parcels through, without submitting the electronic forms, but it's starting to get annoying, week by week, fighting this.

From what I have seen, electronic customs forms must be used when mailing to EU countries due to the change in taxes that recently occurred - no electronic form, it gets sent back. With the States though, it appears that submitting an electronic form is not a requirement, rather it "gets things processed faster", though I have not noticed any processing difference since this ez post bollocks started.

So my question: Is it a requirement for there to be an electronic customs form attached with a parcel that arrives from abroad being shipped into the USA, or not? Asking about going into the USA, not leaving the USA.

Thanks

We don’t pay customs any taxes on imported video games. Maybe that’s why it doesn’t matter for us in ‘Merca