IGNORED

Video Game Series Backlog Thread! (Get Caught Up On Your Series Of Choice!)

AmandaCathedral

The idea of this thread is for video game fans to get caught up on the franchises they care about the most!

Type the name of the franchise(s) you want to get caught up on, and then list your unfinished games in that series. As you complete games, cross them off the list in your original post, and make a new post giving your thoughts on the game you just finished!

People are encouraged to play as many games in a series as they can, but there's no shame in excluding games you really don't want to play. Let's also not get too obsessive about what constitutes being all caught up, as I don't think people should feel obligated to play a Game and Watch game or anything silly like that. However if there's a game you've beaten before that you have unfinished business with, feel free to include it as something you want to clean up!

Games I've beaten before, but want to do more with have a special condition in brackets.

• Star Fox Series: Star Fox (Course 3), Star Fox 2, Adventures, Assault, Command, Guard
  • Super Mario Series: Lost Levels, Mario 64 (100%), 3D Land (Post Game) 3D World, Odyssey, Bowser's Fury
  • Donkey Kong Series: Diddy's Kong Quest, Donkey Kong 64, Jungle Climber, Country Returns, Tropical Freeze
  • Yoshi Series: Topsy Turvy, Touch and Go, Island DS (100%) New Island (100%) Woolly World, Crafted World
  • Kirby Series: Mass Attack, Rainbow Curse, Planet Robobot, Battle Royale, Star Allies
  • Zelda Series: Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventures, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword, Link Between Worlds, Breath of the Wild.

For a project such as this I don't feel like there should be any sort of time restriction, so think of this thread as something you go back to whenever you need a reminder of what to play next. I hope you'll all take part, and get yourself caught up on your favourite series!

For a less specified backlog thread, go check out Reed Rothchild's excellent Backlog thread where I played the games that inspired this thread. ❤️

https://www.videogamesage.com/forums/topic/6172-the-2021-backlog-challenge/

Edited by AmandaCathedral
Quick Fixing Up For Presentation. :)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Editorials Team · Posted

Sure, I dig it.  Details added when I get to a PC.

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Breath of the Wild, Age of Calamity, Breath of the Wild 2

Super Mario Bros: Paper Mario, Thousand Year Door, Partners in Time, Galaxy 2, Rabbids, Paper Jam, Origami King, Rabbids 2

Metroid: Prime 2, Prime 3, Federation Force, Dread

Castlevania: III, Adventure, Adventure II, Legends, Chronicles, Mirror of Fate, Lords of Shadow 2

Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers, Persona 2, Persona 2 IS, III, Digital Devil Saga, Digital Devil Saga 2, Devil Summoner, Devil Summoner 2, Persona 4, Persona 5, V

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, Dawn, Revelations, Echoes, Three Houses, Warriors

Final Fantasy: I, II, III, V, XIII, XV

Resident Evil: 3, 6, VII, Village, 2 Remake, 3 Remake

Metal Gear: MG, MG2, Snake's Revenge, Acid, Acid 2, Peace Walker, MGS 5

52 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

List!

*shrugs* I guess get caught up on the major series like DQ, FF, Tales Of, and now Lunar?  I do still got other hobbies/projects going on too like my baseball card collection, reading my newspapers.com archive, reading my Britannica year book...yeah I guess I'm kind a spread a little too thin but what can ya do?

PS: I know this is probably the STUPIDEST reason (no chicks on your team 😞 )for me saying this but I don't know if I'd even pay a dollar for a new copy of FF15... 😞 

Edited by Estil

• 2 weeks later...

I mentioned it in the standard backlog thread, but I've now finished Super Mario 3D World.

There shouldn't be a lot of overlap between the two threads, as there's only two other games on my backlog list that conflict with this list. Once I have some gaming money though, I'm going to start picking up the games in these series to work more on this project. This thread isn't dead just yet! There's still plenty of room for people to join in on the fun!