IGNORED

Impossible Mission II SEI version vs. AV version

CMR

Does anybody know anything about SEI and their version of Impossible Mission II for the NES, and how it relates to the American Video version?  Are they the same company or was it passed off when one company folded?  The carts and art are both different, and the SEI version mentions something about an "SEI Entertainment System".  I'm assuming this was a clone system if it was even released.   I can't seem to find any info on SEI online.  Even NES Guide only mentions the AV version.

Edited by CMR

SEI was originally started by a group of doctors. They had a working relationship with Epyx, thus obtained the rights to do an Impossible Mission II game.

They didn't pay the bills on time or something like that, and therefore Epyx was able to offer the rights to the not-so American company, American Video Entertainment. Then they released the game.

Edit: A Taiwanense company was the ones doing the manufacturing for the game, which also explains the relationship between the two companies and why Epyx then went with licensing the game to AVE.

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, fcgamer said:

SEI was originally started by a group of doctors. They had a working relationship with Epyx, thus obtained the rights to do an Impossible Mission II game.

They didn't pay the bills on time or something like that, and therefore Epyx was able to offer the rights to the not-so American company, American Video Entertainment. Then they released the game.

Edit: A Taiwanense company was the ones doing the manufacturing for the game, which also explains the relationship between the two companies and why Epyx then went with licensing the game to AVE.

I'd give you a "like" twice if I could.  Thanks.  I saw, what looked like, NOS copies of the SEI version of it on PlayAsia and got curious about it.  Funny, on the box it says it was made in the USA.

Edited by CMR
  • Thanks 1