IGNORED

Setup Pics

MrWunderful

22 minutes ago, TylerBarnes said:

Yes, the smaller one is my PVM-1351Q

Nice. I bought my 20” for 50$ i think. Loved it but took up too much space. Ill never let my 13” go though, got it for free from my buddy. Only problem is having to use monitor speakers though, but at least the music is crisp. 

7 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Nice. I bought my 20” for 50$ i think. Loved it but took up too much space. Ill never let my 13” go though, got it for free from my buddy. Only problem is having to use monitor speakers though, but at least the music is crisp. 

I paid too much for that little guy. It was my first PVM. Bought on eBay for like $200+shipping lol. 

Here is my setup the TV in the middle is a 20m4u and the Commodore on top is my original from 1987.  I used to play all my nes games on that same monitor. 

Excuse the mess I just got the Amiga so I have been tinkering with it.  The pvm with the amiga is my 20m2u.  The Sony TV is a KV-27v42 that has been RGB modded.

20191101_193212.jpg

• Like 1

I LOVE that c64 monitor. I wish I had one for my c64 and c128. 

Also modding consumer tubes for RGB seems to be becoming more common these days. It's mostly just a matter of tapping into the on screen display chip's pins for RGB. I was going to do it to my little Hello Kitty tube I keep around. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ginoscope said:

I blame that c64 monitor for making me always want the best monitor possible.

You are exactly right rgb modding requires tapping into the onscreen display.  It's not pvm quality but definitely a decent alternative especially with the price of pvm these days. 

Yeah, the phosphor quality is not going to compare and shadow masks will also not really stack up against the look of aperture grills