IGNORED

M82 NES NTSC rom

for if the eprom dies of bit rot in your m82 USA version you can reprogram it using this.  i dumped it awile back but it appears only the PAL one exist for the public.  i did a rom comparison in a hex editor there only a few small differences. ver 1.0

(bad dump)  two bytes are off on first line of code.  the ntsc and pal version of the rom are identical just fyi

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4gv66gc4xkxz96/M82 NES (U).zip?dl=0

Edited by Nes Freak
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 6/11/2021 at 9:44 PM, Nes Freak said:

for if the eprom dies of bit rot in your m82 USA version you can reprogram it using this.  i dumped it awile back but it appears only the PAL one exist for the public.  i did a rom comparison in a hex editor there only a few small differences. ver 1.0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4gv66gc4xkxz96/M82 NES (U).zip?dl=0

Hey, I was just playing around with my M82 and my ROM behaves differently than this one: the words "entertainment system" are not present while it's drawing the word "Nintendo" and they don't slide onto the screen until after "Nintendo" is done.  This ROM you posted, on the other hand, has the "entertainment system" on screen the entire time.  Do you know what the story is behind this discrepancy or is this an issue with the emulator I'm using to run this ROM?

• Wow! 1

interesting.  so i look at it again in the hex editor  turn out the two missing bytes control's  when the entertainment system is on screen.  cause i changed the two bytes and saved it and then it work as it should.  so  in that has this is a bad dump.  all though i think its weird those two bytes in the first line of code wernt ripped when the rest came over fine.  so  anyways that mean the pal version and ntsc version are identical.

thanks for noticing that lol.