IGNORED

Bluetooth headset recommendations for work from home

phart010

Hi all,

My company will buy me a Bluetooth headset for calls. We do a lot of Microsoft teams meetings on pc.

The headset should be less than $100. I prefer over the ear rather than the things that go inside the ear. Although I don’t like the giant pads that wrap all the way around you ear. The medium size pads that rest over the ear are nice.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Social Team · Posted

Over budge I know but I figured it'd be cool to share.  I have a "normal" version and use them with Teams and before Covid I'd listen to music in the office with them and still be able to have conversations with people so long as I wasn't trying to jam out with the volume too high.

AfterShokz OpenComm Wireless Stereo Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headset with Noise-Canceling Boom Microphone for Office Home Business Trucker Drivers Commercial Use

One down side with my "normal" version is they don't do any noise canceling in so if the dogs are whining or softly  barking it gets picked up.  These are the most comfortable headset ever and voice (podcast) sound PERFECT.  Music is a little different but way better than you probably would expect.  The bass is where it has trouble.  Also cool that you can use them with ear plugs in so if you want to jam out while wearing ear plugs you can.

Now my other Teams headset I use does an amazing job with noise canceling background noise so no one hears how bad the chaos is unless the dogs do full throated barking.  The ones above offer noise canceling so maybe it'll act the same.

Razer Kraken Gaming Headset: Lightweight Aluminum Frame - Retractable Noise Isolating Microphone - For PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X & S, Mobile - 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Not exact same version of mine as it had an older model with chroma lighting but it should act the same. They are over the ear in that the whole ear is inside.  I find these to be the most comfortable for me when wearing over the ears for long periods of time.  Not Bluetooth I know but at least within budget....  

I bought the wireless Razer ones for my significant other and she uses them for her teams calls and loves them.  Over your budge though Razer Nari Essential Wireless 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset: THX Spatial Audio - Auto-Adjust Headband & Swivel Cups - Auto-Adjust - Flip Mic - For PC, PS4, PS5 Only - Black

So that would be three recommendations that fail to meet one of your THREE requirements: cost, Bluetooth connection, and "over the ear" but on the ear.  You welcome for my complete lack of not helping 😛

Edited by FireHazard51