IGNORED

SOLD - Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light Famicom 1990 New/Unopened VGA 85 NM+ Silver Historic 1st Appearance Marth

Count Hologram

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light for Famicom

Brand New/Sealed Condition - VGA 85 NM+

FIRST AND ONLY graded copy of this title on the market. Also the only copy currently found in NEW condition. Freshly pulled from a deadstock factory case in Japan.

Released in 1990, first game ever in the Fire Emblem series, 1st Appearance of Marth.

I will also be including the official US release that came with the Fire Emblem 30th Anniversary set - Unopened

SOLD - Thank You for browsing

5EB7E639-2E03-4E87-AB9A-C9B1FDEFA3C6.jpeg

0CF94CB3-6F36-4871-8940-D073A8129638.jpeg

C44445DB-60BF-4C83-BB64-2C32361A938E.jpeg

7DBEABF8-B2C9-49E4-86C1-C25E74A7A73A.jpeg

38D196D3-6455-427A-B8AB-8FE827848E52.jpeg

5A47B852-9F66-4C04-84F9-6FD6CB24A3B1.jpeg

8BD4D8F3-1F67-4008-AB6D-8732E8B9D73D.jpeg

Edited by Count Hologram
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light Famicom 1990 New/Sealed VGA 85 NM+ Silver Historic 1st Appearance Marth

Okay let's honestly keep things real here, yeah sure you don't want to because your paycheck is at risk, but I prefer the reality, better for the community as a whole.

This game is not particularly rare at all, similarly Famicom games were never sealed to begin with, and neither is this one. So if I may ask, with politeness, why the f*** you mentioned sealed in the thread title? It's just to try to gain views from folks that don't know better, am I right? Am I right?!

Then you mentioned in the description it was pulled fresh from a case box, yeah that's cool, but ten or eleven more games still remain there. 

For those wondering, yeah this is not rare, it's not worth $5000 even if wata graded or wang graded or whip your dong out graded, etc. Let's move on folks, sorry to do this but I'm tired of seeing folks trying to make up shit and prey on ignorance and lack of knowledge.

• Wow! 1

Hello, FC, There’s plenty of room for open and honest discussion.

The wording is force of habit dealing in many other graded NEW titles.

This is in fact, despite not having shrink wrap, Brand New. Through some contacts, I purchased this and many other titles from a former owner of an electronics store in Ota, Japan who still had plenty of stock 

I’ve spoken to the graders at VGA and they are quite fair and professional about their assessment of such titles. They do in fact look closely along the seams where the box closes. The material and the ink used on these older boxes (famicom through n64) easily will flake off and crease, so it’s not too difficult to know if it was tampered with or not.

• The title was changed to Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light Famicom 1990 New/Unopened VGA 85 NM+ Silver Historic 1st Appearance Marth

As for rarity, would you really turn your nose up at a near mint/mint sticker sealed Super Mario Bros? There’s no shrinkwrap on that.
I’m also sure no one would turn their nose up at a mint CIB copy of the same.

The title on its own clearly isn’t rare, but how many do you see in the wild in NEW condition?

Same thing with this.

3 hours ago, Count Hologram said:

As for rarity, would you really turn your nose up at a near mint/mint sticker sealed Super Mario Bros? There’s no shrinkwrap on that.

The title on its own clearly isn’t rare, but how many do you see in the wild in NEW condition?

Same thing with this.

Tons.

When you start grading NEW unsealed games it's going to start getting stupid.

Actually I have tons of new games from famicom to N64. @OptOut purchased tons as well.

Because there is no seal, we need to find a new way to decide if it is new or not. You suggest if the game has been opened or not decides if it's new.

What if it were directly purchased from a shop, as deadstock, would that be new or not? What about if it were opened up, but never played, new or not? Or how about in a place in Taiwan, where many shopkeepers discarded the boxes, then sold the loose (brand new from factory) Japanese cartridges, I guess these wouldn't be "new" then either?

Houston we have a problem, and it's a problem that occurs when people and grading companies stretch into fields / regions they know nothing about.

I think for the game above, the term you are looking for is "unopened". Yes, it is new, but it's newness is not dependent on whether the game has been opened or not.

#GradingFamicomGamesSuckz

#TheseGamesArentAsRareAsTheUSACounterparts

#5000$Really?!?

Let’s face it, what are the odds of finding something that was opened, but not rifled through or tested?

The more likely scenarios are:

1. Deadstock, came out of an old factory sealed case, which is in the case of my own.

2. A collector who deliberately wanted to keep it unopened.

or

3. Someone who used the item, but kept it in relatively good shape.

The absolute least common scenario is someone just opening the lid of the box and then closing it. Makes no sense. The same unlikeliness goes for a US game where the shrinkwrap was supposedly removed and that’s all.

Therefore I disagree with you. If it was not opened, which you as a collector of games from this era should be able to detect with a naked eye, then it is NEW.

I wouldn’t waste anyone’s time getting a beat up game clearly used graded as a complete in box. That’s ridiculous.

Furthermore, this isn’t just a random title. This game is absolutely relevant in gaming history, therefore all these elements coming together, I’m preserving it and giving it the treatment it deserves.

They’re not native/fluent Japanese speakers, cut them some slack.

They used the kun reading instead of on reading. The meaning is the same. 

You like collecting loose games? That’s your prerogative and I’m sure no one bothers you for it, but for some reason you’ll come here and be bizarrely emotional and antagonistic toward people you don’t know who collect games differently. 

You have no idea if I’ve got a title/item you’re looking for. Especially since I myself am into Famicom. You’d sooner damage any potential business relationship being snarky and nasty between this thread and you sending me private messages.

Don’t like it? Don’t waste your energy being nasty to others here and focus on what you like.

4 hours ago, Count Hologram said:

Let’s face it, what are the odds of finding something that was opened, but not rifled through or tested?

The more likely scenarios are:

1. Deadstock, came out of an old factory sealed case, which is in the case of my own.

2. A collector who deliberately wanted to keep it unopened.

or

3. Someone who used the item, but kept it in relatively good shape.

The absolute least common scenario is someone just opening the lid of the box and then closing it. Makes no sense. The same unlikeliness goes for a US game where the shrinkwrap was supposedly removed and that’s all.

Therefore I disagree with you. If it was not opened, which you as a collector of games from this era should be able to detect with a naked eye, then it is NEW.

I wouldn’t waste anyone’s time getting a beat up game clearly used graded as a complete in box. That’s ridiculous.

Furthermore, this isn’t just a random title. This game is absolutely relevant in gaming history, therefore all these elements coming together, I’m preserving it and giving it the treatment it deserves.

Sure, it is new, but the more significant quantifier here would be unopened.

You said the following: "Let’s face it, what are the odds of finding something that was opened, but not rifled through or tested?"

Actually, it's quite high. With the games not coming sealed, it's easy for the cartridges to be brand spanking new, even if they were indeed opened.

3 hours ago, Count Hologram said:

They’re not native/fluent Japanese speakers, cut them some slack.

They used the kun reading instead of on reading. The meaning is the same. 

You like collecting loose games? That’s your prerogative and I’m sure no one bothers you for it, but for some reason you’ll come here and be bizarrely emotional and antagonistic toward people you don’t know who collect games differently. 

You have no idea if I’ve got a title/item you’re looking for. Especially since I myself am into Famicom. You’d sooner damage any potential business relationship being snarky and nasty between this thread and you sending me private messages.

Don’t like it? Don’t waste your energy being nasty to others here and focus on what you like.

From my limited understanding of Japanese, the title is wrong, at least according to the two schemes I'm familiar with.

Regarding collecting cartridges, whether I collect loose or CIB items is irrelevant to this, my point is that in the Famicom landscape, it is very very common for carts to be brand new, yet not have boxes or manuals, or similarly for items to be brand new , yet to have been opened (but cartridge never played).

So the significance on this one most certainly is unopened, as there are tons of "new" over here

8 hours ago, Count Hologram said:

Couldn't care less about that one. Literally no desire at all, and while it's unbelievable to so many from the grading investing scene, almost everyone outside of that small incestuous pool feels the same.

1 minute ago, fcgamer said:

On a different note, I might start a new thread on this topic. I don't want to clutter up your sales thread any more.

Good luck with the sale.

Edit: Well actually, I'll go do far as to offer you an apology for being rude towards you in your sales thread.

I was trying to point out some of the flaws of grading that stuff, but here isn't the right place. Sorry for doing that to you, I should do better than that.

• The title was changed to SOLD - Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light Famicom 1990 New/Unopened VGA 85 NM+ Silver Historic 1st Appearance Marth