IGNORED

Mysterious Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon card

There's a card being sold through this eBay auction which is described as a pre-order bonus for Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon.  I can't find the slightest mention of it outside of this one auction.  It doesn't look like this game actually had a pre-order bonus outside of the art cel in Canada.  My next thought was that this card came along with the art cel, but if it were from Canada, I would expect at least the ESRB descriptors to be bilingual.  Could it be possible that this was actually given out at some kind of media event?  I've run into a similar situation with F-Zero GX pins from E3 a GameStop preview event being misidentified as a pre-order bonus.  Any information or even other theories would be appreciated.

Edited by AlternatorDelux

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See very bottom: https://serenesforest.net/gallery/shadow-dragon/

Yes it's the usually missing preorder bonus card companion to the laser cel they did a run of 25k of for the DS game.  Probably why he has it at $40obo, doubtful someone will pay it but maybe half because there's nothing to it other than that single front/back card in that bag.

While that site doesn't directly say that these items all came together (they're just placed in a general Pre-Order Goods category), it does give other useful information in the form of the back of the cel, which made me skeptical that it was Canada-exclusive to begin with.  Sure enough, I confirmed that there were US GameStop stores that at least offered the cel, though they usually never actually got any.  It looks like it was also announced by Canadian stores first, and maybe that's just where most of the copies ended up.