IGNORED

terraonion mega sd help

final fight cd

Hi.  I just received the terraonion mega sd.  This is my first flashcart.  Can somebody give me a helping hand?  

edit: i am following the instructions that came with the cart, but still can't get anything to load.  It says I am missing the US bios, but I have the US bios unzipped in a folder. 

Edited by final fight cd
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Bios files, all of them (example: Sega CD model 1 BIOS.gen), have to be in a folder named BIOS.  That folder has to be in the lowest level of the SD card.  It can't be nested in any other folder.  So when you open up your SD card on your computer one of the folders you see should be BIOS.   The bios files should be in that folder.

I'm using the "Sega-CD BIOS" files from the GoodGen3.00 set in mine.  From there you just have to go into the Mega SD's option menu and select an appropriate bios file for each region.  Hope this all helps.

edit: wow, I just realized I'm kind of necro posting.  Hopefully you've managed to get things going before now, lol.

Edited by CMR
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, CMR said:

The Bios files, all of them (example: Sega CD model 1 BIOS.gen), have to be in a folder named BIOS.  That folder has to be in the lowest level of the SD card.  It can't be nested in any other folder.  So when you open up your SD card on your computer one of the folders you see should be BIOS.   The bios files should be in that folder.

I'm using the "Sega-CD BIOS" files from the GoodGen3.00 set in mine.  From there you just have to go into the Mega SD's option menu and select an appropriate bios file for each region.  Hope this all helps.

edit: wow, I just realized I'm kind of necro posting.  Hopefully you've managed to get things going before now, lol.

Thanks for the post. I was able to figure it out shortly after I made my post. My problem was I wasn’t unzipping any of the files.

I can’t believe I waited until now to get a flash cart.  Might have to explore the other options terraonion sells. Though it does seem like the modding required for the disc based consoles isn’t for the average joe like myself. 

• Like 1

Glad you got it working.  I like Terraonion's stuff, but for Saturn or Playstation you might check out Fenrir and Xstation.  Unfortunately the Xstation still needs the board mod.  They are a bit cheaper than the Terraonion Mode.