IGNORED

SNES Programmable Arcade Stick - any info?

koifish

Hey all. I'm strongly considering buying this SNES programmable joystick. The ability to put in custom controls is very interesting. However, I was wondering the following:

Does anybody have a manual for it or better yet, a PDF scan of the manual?

And manual or not, is there any knowledge of 1) how to program the controls, or 2) whether you can program in start/select buttons as part of the custom key macros? I am specifically trying to learn as much as possible as I can about how the buttons work and how much you can do your own inputs. I've seen video that seems to suggest you can do as much as you want as the pad shows a visual that you are pressing the given button, including it seems the start/select buttons. Figured I would ask here since there is so much game knowledge on this site.

Also, any sign of L/R buttons? Do they have to be programmed in?

Screenshot_20210111-142824~2.png

• Wow! 1

Looks like the ASCII Pad I had as a kid, probably same board inside. I thought it was a great idea until I learned 2 things:

• The pre-programmed moves that come with it are only for Street Fighter which is waaaaaaaaay less fun than all the Mortal Kombat I was playing as a kid.
  • When you turn the console off, you lose all of your programming so you have to set it each time.

3 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Looks like the ASCII Pad I had as a kid, probably same board inside. I thought it was a great idea until I learned 2 things:

• The pre-programmed moves that come with it are only for Street Fighter which is waaaaaaaaay less fun than all the Mortal Kombat I was playing as a kid.
  • When you turn the console off, you lose all of your programming so you have to set it each time.

So it has presets for SF2, unexpected that I might get something out of that if I ever were to play that game again.

Did you ever try setting the programming keys to start/select buttons?