IGNORED

Dirtiest Gaming Machines / Cartridges

fcgamer

I'm starting this thread as i got something a few weeks back that just made me cringe. At the time, I threw these into a box to deal later, but since I'm hosting a massive party this Saturday, I had to deal with the these today.

God bless my friend, he's found and sold me cheaply so many amazing things over the years. I'll always buy whatever he saves, sight unseen, as generally the quality of goods is pretty good. This time though, well judge for yourself.

These are two of the dirtiest, f'd Famiclones I've ever seen. They look like they were literally pulled out of a Taiwanense landfill, maybe Taiwan had gone Atari style only with surplus clone machines, who knows.

Believe it or not, I washed these down before taking pictures. I wanted to open them up to look inside, but the screws are all rusted and destroyed. 

I didn't say anything to my friend, but I thought to myself, "Does he actually think I want this?" I didn't even bother to hook these up to test them, that's how bad they look to me.

Originally I thought about sending these off to a buddy in Holland with the rest of my parts/junk machines, but then I sort of found a certain fondness for these guys. I'd love to turn these into an art project of sorts, any ideas or suggestions?

Finally, let's see some pictures of the dirtiest gaming stuff you've found, and what did you ultimately do with it?

IMG20201224222849.jpg

IMG20201224222852.jpg

IMG20201224222856.jpg

IMG20201224223745.jpg

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 1

I don't have pictures, but a lot of arcade stuff I've found has been incredible dirty, most of that stuff has been neglected for 20+ years so it makes sense, I've literally asked sellers if they've dug out their stuff, that's how dirty it gets sometimes, usually they're selling for dirty cheap so I don't mind too much.

Next time I'll take some pictures when I'm about to clean something.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

^^^

Arcade stuff that I usually get in, especially monitors, is usually dirty. First thing I generally do is wash off the boards if they are bad. Mainly because if I have it on my bench, odds are it needs to be worked on, and I despise working on dirty boards. The one below was from a monitor this past weekend, reeks like an ashtray. Gotta love it.

20210102_194811.thumb.jpg.b3ec000dec973c9e706c3221b158ee6b.jpg

The worst I've ever had to deal with was a ms pacman cocktail, I dont have a picture that was when I first opened it up, bit there was a rats nest and the whole inside reaked of urine. The picture below was after I ran the shop vac to remove the rats nest, but before I pulled everything out to clean the wood.20200906_103139.thumb.jpg.8109d81e4fc5e2b57afcd2948c8a15cc.jpg

• Like 1