IGNORED

Newest improvement playing old multi-carts, an upgraded Game Boy!

Joyomofrobro

On 12/14/2020 at 2:45 AM, Joyomofrobro said:

The store Video Game Trader in Calgary Alberta Canada provided me system at location.

I know nothing about this 'Super 168 in 1' cart 1994 collection for play original Game Boy!

I'd like to see the cart if that's at all possible.  I do like your whole kind of lit up mega man themed handheld though with the better screen dropped into it.  It's similar to some of the work I do, but I haven't crossed into lighting up the insides of one yet and probably won't bother, more draw on the batteries (if that's not your flash catching it.)

Recently I acquired 8 pretty solid modern-ish era GB/GBC multicarts of notably smaller size (by at least a 100) yet they're just fascinating to me, and some even have batteries to save the games which is great as they come in slide out replaceable docks too for them thankfully.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I'd like to see the cart if that's at all possible.  I do like your whole kind of lit up mega man themed handheld though with the better screen dropped into it.  It's similar to some of the work I do, but I haven't crossed into lighting up the insides of one yet and probably won't bother, more draw on the batteries (if that's not your flash catching it.)

Recently I acquired 8 pretty solid modern-ish era GB/GBC multicarts of notably smaller size (by at least a 100) yet they're just fascinating to me, and some even have batteries to save the games which is great as they come in slide out replaceable docks too for them thankfully.

Here's a picture of my lineup all ready for play I like the multi-carts. I have a few others plus a couple GBA. The bottom cart in this picture is the one that was in my unit you mentioned wanting to see, from the previous picture of mine!

ToShare_Edit.JPG

Not bad...the top two are the older like 90s style stuff with that button toggle, but the other 3 those are fairly modern.  I've got carts from that series of those on the left and right which I've attached an image to show you.  That middle low one, that's mysterious, never seen that before.  I like to get these when I can cheap they're fun, but paying much isn't wise as they tend to have much overlap beyond the more key featured stuff.

gameboymulticarts.jpg

• Wow! 1

I'm pretty surprised that they had the bootlegs (do I use the word correctly?) done that good in the 90s. Even today most bootlegs are of much cheaper quality. I guess in the 90 you could sell something like this for a price of a new game (or even more) so it was worth it.

A couple of weeks ago I got a cart dumper which I use to back up saves. A friend of mine who has some games from back in the day was very excited too and I went over to is place to back up his saves as well. I was surprised to see that all of his games, something like 30, were fake bootlegs (from the 90s). I think he never knew that. I decided not to be a douche and kept that info to myself.

• Like 2

On 12/18/2020 at 7:21 PM, Tanooki said:

That middle low one, that's mysterious, never seen that before.

The bottom low one of your interest to know is displayed in my machine at top of this thread. Super 168 In 1, 1994 Collection: Ultra 168 In 1. Real nice to find these I never bought everyone I came across and actually gave away most, I kept certain ones. I still enjoy the featured game theme on some!

gameboymulticarts.jpg

029.JPG

Sheesh talk about no help, that really is a blank slate with a sticker that's like one shade north of microsoft paint terrible.  Yet the game list from what I can gather is fairly compelling.  It would be nice to find some website with a copy of that one as far as a contents list goes.

Those 8 I have, click the attachment and you'll see why I like at least 5 or 6 of those I do have in that shot, the others being too japanese heavy and overlap pushing them into uselessness. GB-Multicart-Game-List.txt

13 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Sheesh talk about no help, that really is a blank slate with a sticker that's like one shade north of microsoft paint terrible.  Yet the game list from what I can gather is fairly compelling.  It would be nice to find some website with a copy of that one as far as a contents list goes.

Those 8 I have, click the attachment and you'll see why I like at least 5 or 6 of those I do have in that shot, the others being too japanese heavy and overlap pushing them into uselessness. GB-Multicart-Game-List.txt

Here's my most complete picture of every multi-game I got on Game Boy. I checked you GB games attachment, cool you listed games!

NoInterest.jpg

Not bad, I don't really have any on GBA except one cart I bought because the game list just made sense and aggravatingly isn't made now for an inferior replacement with just 6 more games in count, but so many of the good ones removed for garbage... the Sega Master System + Game Gear 100in1.  That thing is fantastic.

• Thanks 1