IGNORED

Goldeneye Source

Jeevan

Events Helper · Posted
6 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

What exactly isn’t working? Is there a part in the install you are stuck on? After you installed the normal source server before the gesource step did you get the steam prompt?

I followed ur stuff you sent me, i can make a lan server but no internet server.  I have a discord message on their discord, hopefully they will answer me.  I can get the server to work, but no one can connect kuz it defaults to lan, i will work on it more, but im pretty sure i port forwarded and was good on it.......i will have to see what they suggest, it is the dev team i believe.  We shall see on their response.

Did you give them your public ip when they try to connect from Steam? The one from typing “what’s my ip” into Google? (While not connected to VPN if you do that)

you should have a port forwarding rule on your router for 27015 TCP and UDP and it forward to the private IP of the server you set up (ipconfig in command prompt, probably 192.168.1.x or similar). Also make sure you are allowing 27015 TCP and UDP from anywhere if using Windows firewall, not just the local network. 

From what you say the server is right but something is off with port forwarding/networking

@Jeevan

Edited by a3quit4s

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

Did you give them your public ip when they try to connect from Steam? The one from typing “what’s my ip” into Google? (While not connected to VPN if you do that)

you should have a port forwarding rule on your router for 27015 TCP and UDP and it forward to the private IP of the server you set up (ipconfig in command prompt, probably 192.168.1.x or similar). Also make sure you are allowing 27015 TCP and UDP from anywhere if using Windows firewall, not just the local network. 

From what you say the server is right but something is off with port forwarding/networking

@Jeevan

I got an in depth answer on discord.  I unfortunately am at work, but there might be something I was missing that they suggested.  we will see tomorrow what may come of it.

thanks so much for the input!

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

@Jeevan Did you get this up and running? I’ve got some Azure credits laying around if you want me to get something setup for a game night for you

not yet.  I have been working these last few days so not much time to tinker with it.  I've got a couple guys on discord giving me some pointers so hopefully on my next day off I will be able to take a crack at getting it 100%.  I will keep you in the loop tho!  

Thanks for all your help with this, it's just old and clanky like me so it needs to be nurtured lol.

Events Helper · Posted

Well, to no avail.  I was not able to get this going myself!  

When talking to the guys on their discord, I came across someone who was willing to help me try and walkthrough the setup!  Unfortunately, even though everything seemed kosher, we couldn't get it to be on anything but lan only!

Long story short, I asked if they knew anyone who would be willing to host a server for me if i compensated them, or if they knew someone who ran a server that they just weren't using and if they could let me just use it for game nights and what not.  Lo and behold, after @NamajnaG told me they were willing to host a server for me, i told them that it was for vgs, a site i was hosting game nights on.  I offered them to come and hang out with us here......2 secs. later they said they knew the site and was a member 🤣

My mind was blown, but thanks for helping out and offering to give us a place to go play @NamajnaG !!!!

We now have a dedicated server that will be up for game nights, and anytime you all wanna get together and play some goldeneye we can get some action going here!