IGNORED

Nintendo Retail Display Cabinet M18G Restoration and World of Nintendo marquee replacement Update: 9/13/21

koko

Also if the doors are like mine on the track on bottom in the middle there is a slot where the doors sliders come up at. Slide the door while picking up and you will see where the tracks come out at. Do the same for putting them back in just note orientation of the doors when you take them out. 

Sorry missed the replies as I had shelved this project for the winter/spring as life was busy. I’ve got some free time coming up so I hope to finish it off in the next month or two fingers crossed. As far as the sign, it was a repro made by someone, I think he logs in here from time to time. I can give you his info if you message me. It turned out ok, not perfect but 100% better than anything I could have done. I just need to figure out a way to mount it. 

I looked at the tracks and there are no cutouts for the doors to come off, it appears like they slide them on the tracks maybe before putting on the sides. 

I tested out some nice black satin paint for the replacement peg board, it turned out really well better than it looks in the pic. I will probably have to end up painting the inside sides and base after finishing a deep clean, it’s not ideal but I’m thinking some matte black would be similar to the vinyl covering in finish. I’m also debating painting the sides Nintendo grey and repainting the plastic where the marquee sits with the black satin as well. The white paint really did a number on the finish everywhere and while painting won’t be the exact as original it would at least look original and allow me to finish the project. It’s somewhat like classic cars, some people are ok restoring things with replacements or painting, some people want it with original material. At this point I just need to finish it to move on to other projects. 

267DED3D-4129-4F1E-B052-BC19C34D4882.jpeg.4909f45811e300642a6aed870248dcbd.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Just a quick update, I’ve recently replaced the back peg board and have cleaned the inside sides of the cabinet. The peg board is more black than it appears, it’s just the lighting from the pictures. I used some isopropyl alcohol to get off the white specs left over from the cleaning inside. The black is faded a bit from the white latex paint (needs soap and water also) so my options are going to be repainting close to original maybe with some rust oleum satin or semi-gloss, I have another WoN cabinet I can match or try and restore the shine of the melamine. The back is clean and ready to be put back on as well.

A432E7FF-0093-45A2-9300-04078A1562BD.thumb.jpeg.401f3a5203d6239041770be9cf6769f9.jpegDB8781A1-75F2-48A6-8A28-6DED031BE473.thumb.jpeg.c8c95deee9517eacaec083d5bbe9106b.jpeg41348D4D-103A-49AB-B5A2-36EC0A28DE81.jpeg.b7d8c62681e399aa692f3b753dae95a6.jpeg

• Love 1

• The title was changed to Nintendo Retail Display Cabinet M18G Restoration and World of Nintendo marquee replacement Update: 9/13/21