IGNORED

Reseal?

wyatt

I got this gba console pack in a few years ago as "sealed." But now I'm questioning why there's a second sticker over one side. Is it common for these to have a second round seal? There's also a faint crease on the inner sticker, I can't see if it goes all the way to each end. The stickers both look undisturbed, never peeled.

20200705_172105.jpg

20200705_171852.jpg

I can't tell you if it's legit but I would question this too. What could make it "legit" is if it was returned to the store unused and then resealed by Circuit City. Option 2, though less likely is that Circuit City packaged these themselves. I find it tough to believe they'd pay to have 20,000-50,000 of these cut open, have a game dropped in and then have a sticker slapped on it,but stranger things have happened.

21 hours ago, RH said:

I find it tough to believe they'd pay to have 20,000-50,000 of these cut open, have a game dropped in and then have a sticker slapped on it,but stranger things have happened.

It's not uncommon to 'convert' the standard inventory to some kind of bundle at the store level.  Stores did it all the time during the XB360 generation; open the regular version of the console, insert a promo game, reseal box,  apply accompanying sticker or sleeve, new holiday bundle created!  I can't be certain that's what happened to that GBA SP though.

1 hour ago, Jicsan said:

It's not uncommon to 'convert' the standard inventory to some kind of bundle at the store level.  Stores did it all the time during the XB360 generation; open the regular version of the console, insert a promo game, reseal box,  apply accompanying sticker or sleeve, new holiday bundle created!  I can't be certain that's what happened to that GBA SP though.

Aaaah, I didn't think about it like that. It definitely would make since that headquarters would ship a real of stickers and tell them to throw the game in the box and then reseal it.

Ok, cool. Thanks for letting me know how this would work.

• Like 1