Jump to content
IGNORED

How do you protect your turbografx hucard games? (End label stickers)


Recommended Posts

So I’ve got around 60 hu card games. Over the years I’ve noticed that the sticker end labels wear rather easily.

I bought a turbo everdrive and am looking for some way to protect these games as I won’t need to open them up to play them now.. Of course I looked at those plastic Cd protectors first but I’m worried the sharp edges of the plastic may indent or mark the sticker. ( especially if they are tight on the shelf)

I’ve also considered the cd bags for this reason..What do you use to protect your turbo/pc engine hu card games ? These games have shot up in value recently and I want to have them look good in the future..

Edited by Neo Geo strong
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually keep my loose ones in a 100ct baseball card clear plastic box.  Card in both directions (long, wide) is pretty close but a little smaller, and as far as depth I think you can hold around 20 in that size.  So if you ordered like 3-4 of them you should be set, eats up very very little space too, and they'll just be standing or laying flat however you store them so wear and dust won't be an issue.  The rest of mine from being smart, crafty, and some dumb luck are all complete in their cases otherwise so I didn't need another case.  Today though given the crappy prices on a lot I'd probably invest in a case plastic boxes and just store up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I actually keep my loose ones in a 100ct baseball card clear plastic box.  Card in both directions (long, wide) is pretty close but a little smaller, and as far as depth I think you can hold around 20 in that size.  So if you ordered like 3-4 of them you should be set, eats up very very little space too, and they'll just be standing or laying flat however you store them so wear and dust won't be an issue.  The rest of mine from being smart, crafty, and some dumb luck are all complete in their cases otherwise so I didn't need another case.  Today though given the crappy prices on a lot I'd probably invest in a case plastic boxes and just store up.

Hey tanooki, rereading my post It was kinda a mess. I meant protecting compete in case (cic) games and not loose games. You know how the stickers on the cd case get worn from shelf use? 
 

I was wondering if anyone had a good idea to keep them looking good. I only have one  loose game which is turrican if anyone has a case only or case and manual only message me!
 

Thanks tanooki 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2020 at 9:53 PM, Neo Geo strong said:

looked at those plastic Cd protectors first but I’m worried the sharp edges of the plastic may indent or mark the sticker. ( especially if they are tight on the shelf)

Nah these are fine, i use them for sealed turbo CD games and there's never been an issue.

In general though i've never heard of this problem you're talking about, CIC Turbografx end labels getting worn down from shelf use

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, get box protectors for CIB games and use binders and sleeves for loose HuCards, but for CIC?!?  I've never really had an issue either.  I actually have a full US set CIC (minus Magical Chase) and they all just sit there in their jewel cases unprotected.  I've never considered protecting those end labels to be an issue, myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, get box protectors for CIB games and use binders and sleeves for loose HuCards, but for CIC?!?  I've never really had an issue either.  I actually have a full US set CIC (minus Magical Chase) and they all just sit there in their jewel cases unprotected.  I've never considered protecting those end labels to be an issue, myself.

Yoooo morbis, buy my extra loose hucard lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


  • Welcome to VGS!

    Play, Make, Collect.

    Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

    Join the conversation!

×
×
  • Create New...