IGNORED

VGSers near Geogia - Free 50-inch Plasma TV for Pickup

DoctorEncore

Friends, I have been lugging around a Samsung PN50A550 1080p plasma television for far too long and I have no desire to move it again. It was a fantastic TV when I first bought it, but it's just too damn heavy for my needs. You can't really buy plasma TVs anymore, so I figured I'd offer it here before putting on FB Marketplace.

A couple reviews for reference: 

https://www.cnet.com/reviews/samsung-pn50a550-review/

https://www.cnet.com/reviews/samsung-pn50a550-review/

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll get you some pics (it looks exactly like the stock photos). If no responses for a week, I"ll put it on FB.

Pickup only!

Free bump.  I have this same tv and I hope yours finds a loving home.  It's one of the absolute best (and last) plasma tvs ever made.  Beautiful picture, inky blacks, wide viewing angle.  The only thing wrong with it is its age.  Mine is still working beautifully even though it's 10 years old, and I only plan to replace mine with a 4K tv after I buy a PS5 next year (I will need a new AV receiver too).

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, glazball said:

Free bump.  I have this same tv and I hope yours finds a loving home.  It's one of the absolute best (and last) plasma tvs ever made.  Beautiful picture, inky blacks, wide viewing angle.  The only thing wrong with it is its age.  Mine is still working beautifully even though it's 10 years old, and I only plan to replace mine with a 4K tv after I buy a PS5 next year (I will need a new AV receiver too).

Yeah, this is the reason I posted it at all. It's just such a phenomenal TV and one of the last plasmas. With OLEDs and Samsung's QLEDs, it's pretty much obsolete, but I figured someone out there might be interested. If not, there is a donation place close by that will actually come pick it up, so I don't have to trash it or mess with Facebook or Craigslist