IGNORED

The Custom Activity Stream Thread

ap123

Subscriber T1 · Posted

Posting this in the hopes that people will share useful custom activity streams they have saved.

I'll start us off with the stream I use to mimic Latest Posts from NA;

Show Me:  [Content Items Only]
Tags:
Clicking Unread Items: [Takes me to the first unread comment]
Read Status: [Everything]
Following: [Everything]
Content Type: [Topics]
Ownership: [Everything]
Time Period: [Any time]
Default View: [Condensed]
Sorting: [Newest activity first]

Feel free to share any way you like, or fill in / delete as appropriate the template of available parameters below.

Show Me: [Content items, Comments, Reviews] / [Content Items Only]
Tags:
Clicking Unread Items: [Takes me to the top of the page] / [Takes me to the first unread comment]
Read Status: [Everything] / [Content I haven't read]
Following: [Everything] / [Only content I follow]

Content Type: [Everything] / [Status Updates] / [Topics] / [ -Blog Entries- ] / [Events] / [Articles] / [Products]
Ownership: [Everything] / [Content I started] / [Content I have posted in] / [Content by specific members]
Time Period: [Any time] / [Since my last visit] / [Specified time period] / [Specific date range]
Default View: [Condensed] / [Expanded]
Sorting: [Newest activity first] / [Oldest activity first]

Edited by ap123
  • Like 1

Great guide. This was my attempt at recreating the Latest Topics page many people are used to:

https://www.videogamesage.com/discover/14/

This will not list blogs, club posts, reviews, or any of that stuff though. Just simply latest topics, and will be moved to the top of the list on a new reply. Click the bubble icon on the far right of a topic on the list to go to the latest post(s). Clicking the topic name will start you off at the first post.

The Activity Stream is very advanced. Once you make a custom stream, you can copy and paste the link and other people can use it as well.

Edited by Vaosu
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Vaosu said:

Great guide. This was my attempt at recreating the Latest Topics page many people are used to:

https://www.videogamesage.com/discover/14/

This will not list blogs, club posts, reviews, or any of that stuff though. Just simply latest topics, and will be moved to the top of the list on a new reply. Click the bubble icon on the far right of a topic on the list to go to the latest post(s). Clicking the topic name will start you off at the first post.

The Activity Stream is very advanced. Once you make a custom stream, you can copy and paste the link and other people can use it as well.

This is extremely helpful, thanks a lot!

Administrator · Posted
7 hours ago, coffeewithmrsaturn said:

Has anyone figured out how to do a Latest Topics stream that is more like the original NA version?  The issue I keep having is that they always get bumped up when new replies are posted, which defeats the purpose of trying to organize the topics by date and time created.

Check out the link above with what Vaosu created.  We'll continue to look for improvements but I think for now, it's a great start!

So I did some research, and over the past year or so some others have asked on the InvisionCommunity forums about having an option on the Activity Stream to NOT put topics with new replies at the top, and to have a page that just shows topics sorted by creation date, and as of right now it's not possible unfortunately.