• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RH said:

I'm no expert but of the tell-tale signs I'm aware of, this seems to check out. The last one might be sketchy, but that could just be a case of blurry-cam. 

We were driving when I took the picture😁 . One thing I did notice with all 3 of the Pokémon games is, they are a little hard to get out after you eject them from the back. The other 3 games that came with this eject much smoother and slide right out. The Pokémon ones I have to pull on a little hard. Not sure if that means anything. I’m pretty clueless on ds stuff and google really hasn’t helped to much yet but I’m still looking.

23 minutes ago, Dragonite said:

We were driving when I took the picture😁 . One thing I did notice with all 3 of the Pokémon games is, they are a little hard to get out after you eject them from the back. The other 3 games that came with this eject much smoother and slide right out. The Pokémon ones I have to pull on a little hard. Not sure if that means anything. I’m pretty clueless on ds stuff and google really hasn’t helped to much yet but I’m still looking.

The best sign I know is to compare the fonts on the Nintendo stamp. Forgets haven't perfected it. Maybe take a known, legit cart and carefully compare. The O in Nintendo is usually the worst. Of course, you can compare the ink stamps on the back, and the shape of the fonts printed on the PCB.

At first glance I'd say they look real.  I just won't say they 100% are for sure.

The obvious usual tell tale sign would be outside of the sticker, the rear.  The plastic would be cut wrong, and the dot matrix style number on there the lettering should agree with the letters on the sticker on the front.  Those first four letters match the four listed on the middle part of the unique id on the sticker on the front.  All the fakes I've come across typically have some BS or nothing on the back and the molded lettering/Nintendo label would be off too.  They're great indicators better than the easily replaced/damaged sticker.