IGNORED

Some fun stuff I made - "homerow"

MiamiSlice

Hey all, I wanted to share with you something I've been working on in short bits and pieces over quite a few years. I used to be a professional game designer and made some web games, mobile apps, etc. Lately I have very little time and resources for all that and I've pretty much given up on investing the effort and paying the fees to be able to put apps on the iOS App Store or whatever but I still want to make stuff however I can. So I decided last year to just go back to making simple websites and do what I can to get some cool stuff out there. No intentions to try and sell anything, run ads, etc. Just creating. 

So I launched a website called "homerow" at homerow.club and I've been working on it when I could find the time and I'm happy to say that I finally have something I can show off. Right now there are 3 mini "apps" you can launch from homerow: 

• Pixemoji - a "pixel art" tool where you draw on a grid with emoji. You can share your creation and whatever you generate will be plain text emoji that you can paste into a tweet or forum post. 
  • Spinny Bird - a game that was supposed to be a mobile app (you can see it still has a portrait orientation), inspired by Chiritori and Flappy Bird. I eventually want to improve this but I wanted to get the playable version out there. 
  • Snowfall - a simple interactive animation, you can "catch" the snowflakes but there's no score counter or anything. 

Eventually I hope to add more if I have time but keep in mind I have very little time for anything these days! I would however love to hear your thoughts and feedback. Thanks for taking a look!

I really like the bird and his animations on the opening screen of Spinny Bird. It's definitely a fun little game. My only complaint is that it felt like there was a small delay between pressing the button and him actually flying.

The other two apps didn't work correctly for me. The emojis don't show up when I click the boxes in the first one. In the third one, the screen just infinitely scrolls upward. I'm using mobile, Chrome 81, Android 10 on a OnePlus 6T.

Thanks for sharing your cool stuff.

9 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I really like the bird and his animations on the opening screen of Spinny Bird. It's definitely a fun little game. My only complaint is that it felt like there was a small delay between pressing the button and him actually flying.

The other two apps didn't work correctly for me. The emojis don't show up when I click the boxes in the first one. In the third one, the screen just infinitely scrolls upward. I'm using mobile, Chrome 81, Android 10 on a OnePlus 6T.

Thanks for sharing your cool stuff.

I will have to try these on an Android device. I think the 1st and 3rd probably won’t work regardless but I’ll let you know. For now they all work best on desktop.

• Like 1