IGNORED

ErickRPGs Minty super thread! : Entering . . Sega Nomad

ErickRPG

So I was following the Evercade.  And saw these 2 new Genesis RPGs I never heard of before from the "Piko Collection".  When I found out there are actual Genesis carts available.  I decided, yeah it's much more expensive, but why not go for the real thing.  So here starts my minty CIB humble Genesis collection in it's infancy.  I don't plan for complete set, or even a huge collection.  Just a nice collection of some great games and personal favorites.

I also plan to make this my Mega Thread showing off my MINTY collection, and pickups.  Thanks to all who stop by!  And if you just want to chat about specific games in my collection I would love to chat it up with you!

IMG_0333.JPG

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ErickRPG said:

couple more games.  Going to do this slow, when I buy too many at once I get overwhelmed and then sell them all.  I'm actually going to play and beat these games first before I grow my collection.

IMG_0485.JPG

I took this approach when I first started collecting and let me tell you, I played the games til completion before I picked up another. Since then, I started to pickup games as I wanted to and unfortunately, I played way more games when I only had a few as opposed to now when I have literally hundreds...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jumpman1229 said:

I took this approach when I first started collecting and let me tell you, I played the games til completion before I picked up another. Since then, I started to pickup games as I wanted to and unfortunately, I played way more games when I only had a few as opposed to now when I have literally hundreds...

Yeah, a few or so years back I think I spent about $3000 on various minty CIB games from N64, to SNES, to Saturn, to PS1.  While I DID keep my PS1 collection.  I ended up selling anything older.  So I learned from my mistakes.  I'm the "own AND play" collector.  I will never see myself owning 1000+ games.  I like to have smaller collections for a handful of systems.  I hope if I stick to it, I won't become so overwhelmed and sell them.  Because I WOULD like to hold on to a small collection of SNES and Genesis RPGs!

13 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Those plastic game boxes keep games way more minty than cardboard 🙂

Well I'm glad I don't want HUGE collection.  But those minty cardboard games are out there.  (these WERE part of my humble collection in the past that I intend to rebuild and take it slow). I still do have some GBA games super mint.

DSC01416.JPG

DSC00038.JPG

genshelf.JPG

haha no I just bought a copy from some seller in Europe.  I was relieved actually.  I bought a mint copy 3 years ago for $150 and sold it.  I was happy a brand new never opened copy wasn't much more expensive ($200 after shipping).  So I was glad I got a mint one and didn't have to pay much more.