IGNORED

Nintendo Power Previews VHS

Anyone know anything about this?  I haven't located a VCR yet to play it, but it looks more like internal property than those promo videos mailed out to subscribers.  Any info is appreciated as Google didn't do much for me. 

Something interesting is that Volume 15 of NP was one of the red cover ones (Ninja Gaiden II), so maybe this has something to do with that (based on the V15 on the label and red sleeve).

20200117_185902.jpg

Edited by coffeewithmrsaturn
  • Like 1

I don't know what you have, but it sure looks interesting. I'm surprised you haven't found a VCR to play it with. It's not exactly like they're antique. Perhaps you can go to a Goodwill and find a VCR? Or, if you want, you can mail it to me and I can use my VCR-to-DVD making machine and then mail the tape back with a DVD of what's on it. (I don't blame you if you don't want to do that, though.)

• Like 1

@Gamegearguy Thanks for the offer, but it won't be necessary.  It's more that I haven't made the time to dig through stuff to find a VCR than that I searched and was unable to find one.  However, someone did reach out privately with more info on this, so I have an idea of what to expect now, but if anyone else knows anything it's appreciated!  I'll update the thread after I get it up and running.

just a guess, but i would assume this is just a retail video to be played on a loop. "Nintendo Power" is more likely a branding than a reference to the magazine, and i highly doubt the "v15" corresponds to that particular issue. I would expect that it's commercials and highlight videos with maybe some light commentary.