IGNORED

How to spot fakes sticky?

guitarzombie

This is one thing I complained about a lot because I found it pretty annoying.  Its so easy (for the most part) to spot a fake for NES, SNES or just cart based systems in general.  Boxes/manuals/Prototypes is something else (unless you have a DEV PCB Board).  Can we get a sticky that goes about how to check if your game in genuine with chip codes/dates, etc?  Also can we make that post be seen by members?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

how to check if your game in genuine with chip codes/dates, etc? 

Are you wanting like a reference /guide to bootgod? Or a list of codes and dates? The latter sounds like something that could eventually be included in the VGSage database. 

3 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

Also can we make that post be seen by members?

Wouldn’t that apply to any post, outside of perhaps a mod forum? Sorry, I’m confused by this question

Sorry, I meant if the post could only be visible by registered members.  Was writing this out too quickly while at work haha. 

As for the reference guide, thats totally what I meant.  The chip dates and stuff is not important as much as the product code being stamped on the PRG and CHR chips.  Something a bit general as to let people know that there could be variances from what they see in bootgod to their copy.  For example having a different CIC chip date, or PCB board variant.