IGNORED

What is the strangest thing that has ever happened to you?

Tabonga

When I was in high school we had a  wargaming club (which was comprised, not surprisingly perhaps, of several members of the chess club) and we played board games with each other and through the mail.   One of the games I played through the mail was against a person who later became a notorious serial killer.  Still kinda gives me the heebee jeebies even though we lived several states apart.    

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Wandering Tellurian said:

When I was in high school we had a  wargaming club (which was comprised, not surprisingly perhaps, of several members of the chess club) and we played board games with each other and through the mail.   One of the games I played through the mail was against a person who later became a notorious serial killer.  Still kinda gives me the heebee jeebies even though we lived several states apart.    

I remember you telling this story on the old site. Who was the killer again, and how much communication did you have with them?  I recall it being a pretty wild story. 

5 hours ago, BeaglePuss said:

I remember you telling this story on the old site. Who was the killer again, and how much communication did you have with them?  I recall it being a pretty wild story. 

His name was Leonard Lake - we just exchanged several letters where we wrote down our moves and checked the stock columns for the results of combat.  We didn't talk about anything other than the game IIRC - he was in the army at the time.

(If anyone looks up information on him please be advised that his crimes (committed along with his partner) were really nauseating and gruesome.)