IGNORED

Styrofoam for later print NES Acclaim games

Hello all, curious if anyone can assist with confirming what styrofoam and bags came in later print acclaim games. I just picked up a Simpsons Bartman Meets Radioactive Man box/manual and it came with what looks to be a repro styrofoam block but I wanted to confirm as I know so publishers used some weird pieces at times.

Here’s the styrofoam that came with it, also any help on what bags came in these games would be appreciated.

Left piece is what came in the box, right piece is just an extra piece of oem styrofoam I have stashed away to show as a reference.

IMG_2624.jpeg

IMG_2625.jpeg

Edited by Goodvibes

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Goodvibes said:

Hello all, curious if anyone can assist with confirming what styrofoam and bags came in later print acclaim games. I just picked up a Simpsons Bartman Meets Radioactive Man box/manual and it came with what looks to be a repro styrofoam block but I wanted to confirm as I know so publishers used some weird pieces at times.

Here’s the styrofoam that came with it, also any help on what bags came in these games would be appreciated.

Left piece is what came in the box, right piece is just an extra piece of oem styrofoam I have stashed away to show as a reference.

IMG_2624.jpeg

IMG_2625.jpeg

I can confirm that my copy also has this harder, more "crap quality" foam?

I mean, it's styrofoam at the end of the day, but something about it just feels of lesser quality.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ThePhleo said:

I can confirm that my copy also has this harder, more "crap quality" foam?

I mean, it's styrofoam at the end of the day, but something about it just feels of lesser quality.

Okay thank you for confirming, when I first started collecting I had bought five pieces of “replacement” foam not knowing any better. Since then those have been tossed. This simpsons foam reminded me of that at first so I wanted to double check. As always thank you for the info.

Does anyone know of any other publishers that use wonky foam? I know the tengen foam is different, I’m sure all the unlicensed was.

Edited by Goodvibes