IGNORED

Dragon's Dogma II - Coming March 22, 2024!!

Jicsan

They showed new gameplay footage at Tokyo Game Show, still no release date though.

I can't possibly be any more hyped for this game, it's like a dream come true.  It's amazing to me that this is happening, it's been so long since the original game, plus only Japan got the online only "sequel".  It looks to be sticking to exactly what I loved about the first game without any modernized "reimagining" nonsense all the companies do these days!  Hurray Capcom!!

Anyone else ready for this one?

Edited by Jicsan

I've been anticipating a Dragon's Dogma sequel ever since I finished the original game.

It's funny, though DD2's visuals seem to be really close to that super drab, grey, kinda "realistic" style lacking entirely in creativity that I really can't stand, something about it seems really pretty to me. I really like how it looks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This looks so great!  When the music played I got chills.

There's now a huge Shadow of the Colossus like boss that you get to take on.  The new vocation Trickster looked very cool, you can make the enemies hallucinate they are fighting another enemy type, it basically looked like you had your own dragon fighting for you.

Hopefully the Pawns will have a wider variety of things to say and don't get quite as repetitive as in the original game.  They can also learn a skill that makes the Elven language in the game have readable (translated) subtitles.

And I only have to wait until March!!  That'll give me less than a month to finish Final Fantasy VII Rebirth.

Edited by Jicsan

• The title was changed to Dragon's Dogma II - Coming March 22, 2024!!