IGNORED

Help identifying inserts for Mega Man on OG gameboy & Gargoyles Quest 2 on NES

Netto84

I'm looking for help identifying the inserts for the original mega man 1-5 non players choice gameboy games.  I'm attempting to 100% complete all of the NA mega man games and I'm down to these as my holdout for this goal.

I'm also trying to identify the inserts for gargoyles quest 2 on NES specifically the registration card.  I see most copies with the CAP-NES-US-3 and some with a -2.  I have a -2 with my copy but im trying to identify If earlier prints had this or is the registration card I have the wrong one. 

5 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Here's my box.

IMG_20230203_133944.jpg

Just getting to work.  I'll let you know my box & manual date when I get home.  But based on that it does look entirely possible that the reg card could be a -2.  They transitioned near the end of the year & in 93 to the -3.  

Do you have a registration card with yours?

Edited by Netto84

29 minutes ago, Netto84 said:

Just getting to work.  I'll let you know my box & manual date when I get home.  But based on that it does look entirely possible that the reg card could be a -2.  They transitioned near the end of the year & in 93 to the -3.  

Do you have a registration card with yours?

I'm not sure if it does, it's in pretty nice condition so I don't like to open it when unnecessary. I have this picture because I took photos of every date code at one point.

I will have to pull it at one point to get a photo of the manual date though, not sure how that got missed in the great NES photothon.

6 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I'm not sure if it does, it's in pretty nice condition so I don't like to open it when unnecessary. I have this picture because I took photos of every date code at one point.

I will have to pull it at one point to get a photo of the manual date though, not sure how that got missed in the great NES photothon.

Yea please let me know.  I'm hoping I don't need to grab the other registration card to have this complete.  

I saw your thread about box dates and once I'm off work after this weekend I can try and make a large list of around 70 boxed NES games and manuals.  But like you ill have to take everything out.  All my inserts and manuals are in protective bags.

Just now, Netto84 said:

Yea please let me know.  I'm hoping I don't need to grab the other registration card to have this complete.  

I saw your thread about box dates and once I'm off work after this weekend I can try and make a large list of around 70 boxed NES games and manuals.  But like you ill have to take everything out.  All my inserts and manuals are in protective bags.

So I just went and pulled it for you, mine does not have a registration card. It is box, cartridge and manual only.

6 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

So I just went and pulled it for you, mine does not have a registration card. It is box, cartridge and manual only.

That bites.  I'm only finding images with the later card which is a pain to find.  That would be the only thing incorrect in my copy if that's the case.  

Hi Netto, I have a fully complete GQ2, and the reg card is a -3 and I have the same box code that Code Monkey showed. Let me know if you'd like a photo of the whole thing and I can do that for you :).

I'll check the five Mega Man GB games as well, but I know 100% that MM5 is fully complete and can post that too for reference if you need.

• Love 2

15 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

Hi Netto, I have a fully complete GQ2, and the reg card is a -3 and I have the same box code that Code Monkey showed. Let me know if you'd like a photo of the whole thing and I can do that for you :).

I'll check the five Mega Man GB games as well, but I know 100% that MM5 is fully complete and can post that too for reference if you need.

Yes please post a picture of them if you can.  It sounds like I'll be hunting a -3 reg card unfortunately.  And thank you for your help.

I attached a picture of mine for reference.

20230811_133538.jpg

Edited by Netto84

Sure thing 🙂 Here's the GQ2. Interesting that the one with your copy is one of the folded registration cards.

R6puQ0LFQ5yab2R9oaA3kA.png.c2371811f5b3f2641c148edaa4e1d39d.png

...and here's MM5. I checked the others and they are missing the ad inserts and any registration cards with the exception of MM4 which I do have the reg card for (CAP-DMG-USA).

Ce9PimHWS8isxkeWXXHn0Q.jpg.fed675457183ae7ff0d0b1273c856af0.jpg

Hope it helps 🙂

Edited by Renmauzo

13 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

Sure thing 🙂 Here's the GQ2. Interesting that the one with your copy is one of the folded registration cards.

I'll start checking the MM games next 😉

Yea either it could have been in these as first prints or the guy i got it from swapped that out. What threw me off is generally the -5 poster came with the -3 regi which gave me the initial doubt. The only folded registration cards were the original cap-nes-us and the -2.  And the -2 retired sometime between June and November of 92.

But the box is nearly mint with the shrink wrap.

20 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

...and here's MM5. I checked the others and they are missing the ad inserts and any registration cards with the exception of MM4 which I do have the reg card for (CAP-DMG-USA).

Ce9PimHWS8isxkeWXXHn0Q.jpg.fed675457183ae7ff0d0b1273c856af0.jpg

Hope it helps 🙂

Just making sure that regi card is a C-CAP-DMG-USA-1? And it looks like DMG-USA-1 on the consumer.  Let me know if those are correct and the # on the other insert. I may be able to complete this one.

2 minutes ago, Netto84 said:

Just making sure that regi card is a C-CAP-DMG-USA-1? And it looks like DMG-USA-1 on the consumer.  Let me know if those are correct and the # on the other insert. I may be able to complete this one.

Yep, C-CAP-DMG-USA-1 fro the reg card, DMG-USA-1 for the consumer booklet. The 'WHOA!' insert is GP-DMG-USA-1

6 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

Yep, C-CAP-DMG-USA-1 fro the reg card, DMG-USA-1 for the consumer booklet. The 'WHOA!' insert is GP-DMG-USA-1

Thank you! There was actually 1 regi card on ebay.  It's not mint but it will do. Thank you for the help with this! 

I believe 1 didn't have a registration card but did have a poster.  The other 3 will be hard to complete because I think they had a registration card with each.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Netto84 said:

Thank you! There was actually 1 regi card on ebay.  It's not mint but it will do. Thank you for the help with this! 

I believe 1 didn't have a registration card but did have a poster.  The other 3 will be hard to complete because I think they had a registration card with each.

Glad I could help in even some small way 🙂 I agree, completing 1-3 will be difficult; that's endgame territory for me, trying to get all the pieces for games not fully complete.

51 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

Glad I could help in even some small way 🙂 I agree, completing 1-3 will be difficult; that's endgame territory for me, trying to get all the pieces for games not fully complete.

I'll get it done.  Just hoping I can find some resources to make sure I get the right stuff.  That mm5 regi was probably going to be the hardest one to find otherwise.

21 hours ago, Netto84 said:

My manual also has no code.

So that's 3 boxes all with the same date code, I wonder if this game only had one print run. If so, that would make it much less common than its price suggests.

1 minute ago, Code Monkey said:

My manual also has no code.

So that's 3 boxes all with the same date code, I wonder if this game only had one print run. If so, that would make it much less common than its price suggests.

The only reason it's rarer is the same for mm5.  It was near the end of the run of the NES.  Same goes for ducktails 2, rescue rangers 2, and mighty final fight from capcom.  The only one I don't get is snow bros being so expensive.

58 minutes ago, Netto84 said:

The only reason it's rarer is the same for mm5.  It was near the end of the run of the NES.  Same goes for ducktails 2, rescue rangers 2, and mighty final fight from capcom.  The only one I don't get is snow bros being so expensive.

No, I made a thread o this already. Other games like Battleship and Caesar's Palace were made after Gargoyle's Quest 2 and those games are $20.