IGNORED

Rare Asder (Caltron) Famicom Game, Huang Di

Ankos

I saw a listing for this today. It is Huang Di by Asder, who is essentially the main branch of what in North America is known as Caltron. They had a whole bunch of games that never got North America releases, and this one is one of the more highly regarded ones. It's an old school platformer, sort of in the style of Ninja Gaiden. It plays pretty good, and in general is really hard to find. Does anyone here know how much this goes for? The seller is asking for $220, which sounds like a lot, but this isn't the first time I've seen this with a high asking price

Picture 1 of 4

• Like 2

This game is one of my favorite Famicom games of all time, but this price is definitely in the stars IMO, especially considering it is cart only. 

Cart only I think $50 is fair, even for boxed I think $200 sounds a bit high, though I do feel these games are mostly underpriced / undervalued.

• Thanks 1

I'm watching a video of this on youtube, shocked at how good the quality of the play appears to be.  I think it would be a blast to own, and sure $50 would be nice, but $200 is way out of the realm if that's the ask.  For his sake, I hope he gets what he wants out of it, but for people who honestly care I hope not. 🙂

12 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I'm watching a video of this on youtube, shocked at how good the quality of the play appears to be.  I think it would be a blast to own, and sure $50 would be nice, but $200 is way out of the realm if that's the ask.  For his sake, I hope he gets what he wants out of it, but for people who honestly care I hope not. 🙂

Looking at the completed listings for the seller, I think that they do have a shot at actually being able to sell it. While though I'd personally rather have prices stay low, I know that there are a lot more people today who are willing to spend a lot on Taiwan originals compared to when I first started collecting

• Agree 1