IGNORED

Mr Gimmick Repro - PAL B

DK

I got this in a lot, I don't see any specific repro-maker mark on it.

I put it in my top loader and played the first level.

The bottom of the screen that shows the score/health is glitched out. Not sure if it just needs more cleaning or anything, but the game itself plays fine.

According to the replies below this is the PAL-B version of the game, so unless you have a European NES you'll get the scrambled bottom like I did.

Price reduced!

$10 shipped.

image.png.085fdbb2d1c2e94bc853a3f7263396dd.png

image.png.586425e25062b9570fd3765d3a99bfed.png

image.png.bafcaaddd3615fd15d02346ef80bb783.png

image.png.0dcb1226a41898c17a5ecc25c91256d0.png

image.png.627887fe74f977a5036dab2ce6f43092.png

Edited by DK

That's a shame about the bottom, is it possible someone just stuffed the PAL copy on there and it just isn't playing nice with NTSC?

I had Parodius some years ago and it was a little glitchy at the bottom and also cut a little bit off as well, playable but a little annoying.  At least yo ucould still make out the score and options selected, here on Gimmick it's like just gone.

I'm tempted to take this, but I want to see if I can google up what's going on here.

@DK Have you ever opened it up?  Also notice the B in the bottom right corner, that is for PAL-B region so it maybe even a legit title or the board, or more likely the PAL game on the chips in there.

Edited by Tanooki

6 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

That's a shame about the bottom, is it possible someone just stuffed the PAL copy on there and it just isn't playing nice with NTSC?

I had Parodius some years ago and it was a little glitchy at the bottom and also cut a little bit off as well, playable but a little annoying.  At least yo ucould still make out the score and options selected, here on Gimmick it's like just gone.

I'm tempted to take this, but I want to see if I can google up what's going on here.

@DK Have you ever opened it up?  Also notice the B in the bottom right corner, that is for PAL-B region so it maybe even a legit title or the board, or more likely the PAL game on the chips in there.

The board doesn't look legit to me:

image.png.26d20c1b494ceea874658e19490b2d63.png

image.png.56b56e4f2967ceab9962979e75728fcd.png

1 minute ago, DK said:

The board doesn't look legit to me:

image.png.26d20c1b494ceea874658e19490b2d63.png

image.png.56b56e4f2967ceab9962979e75728fcd.png

Yeah that's not legit, that's a modern board made probably in the last 5 years.  They put the PAL-B Scandinavian release on there which just doesn't work on US hardware.  I just had popped back to put these words I confirmed looking into the ROM itself, found some images right before firing up an everdrive to check and it's the same scramble.

Basically you'll maybe get away with a AVS/HiDefNES kit loaded US system perhaps, but really, it will most likely need a PAL system or you can't see your score/life bar/total lives at all which is a huge issue. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Mr Gimmick Repro - PAL B
4 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Yeah that's not legit, that's a modern board made probably in the last 5 years.  They put the PAL-B Scandinavian release on there which just doesn't work on US hardware.  I just had popped back to put these words I confirmed looking into the ROM itself, found some images right before firing up an everdrive to check and it's the same scramble.

Basically you'll maybe get away with a AVS/HiDefNES kit loaded US system perhaps, but really, it will most likely need a PAL system or you can't see your score/life bar/total lives at all which is a huge issue. 

Thanks!

Post updated - half price sale! lol