IGNORED

Curious, does anyone have any info about these, other than the sellers description?! (Foxconn Nintendo Prototypes)

RH

See here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/266267371657

Supposedly this is test hardware from Foxconn for DS/3DS/GBA Cartridges.  Prices seem... reasonable.

I'm not really looking to buy these since I'm a bit tapped out on cash but I do find  it interesting that if these are some form of proto/test cartridges used on making bootlegs, that's just an interesting setup.

Has anyone seen anything like this?  The seller is shipping from Japan.  Prices are quite reasonable but shipping is $30.  However, that fee is flat regardless of how many "protos" you sell.  

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, RH said:

I'm not really looking to buy these since I'm a bit tapped out on cash but I do find  it interesting that if these are some form of proto/test cartridges used on making bootlegs, that's just an interesting setup.

Why would these be for making bootlegs though? Foxconn is one of the largest electronics manufacturers in the world, and from a quick Google search they are known to do official work for Nintendo and other gaming companies.

This reminds me of all those Sega Mega Drive prototypes I found locally (Sega had a lot of their stuff manufactured in Taiwan). 

Regarding proto stuff for making bootlegs, I've got something like that in my collection, but we never were able to get it dumped (as of yet).

Fun stuff these are though.

foxconn.png