IGNORED

How do you store New 3DS cover plates that you bought loose/without their original retail packaging?

koifish

I've got a fair number of sets of new 3DS cover plates that I am unsure of how to store effectively. Many of them are loose sets that were either bought loose or came from a system/out of a system bundle. Normally they store fine in the retail packaging, but if you don't have that then I'm not sure how you manage. Anyone who can provide input for how to make do? I'm more interested in storage than in display, but if you have input on display then that would be welcomed as well.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This feels like my situation with something smaller, Game Boy Micro faceplates which suck trying to replace up until very recent months/years as the newest batches don't immediately scratch if you breath on them or just don't fit (both.)

I largely have grabbed some spare OEM ones so what I've done is use those cheap anti-scratch thin silk like glasses/phone screen wipe rags and place the plates inside one folded over, then put them into a semi firm soft case.  That way if something falls they don't crack or lose a clasp/peg and they don't get scuffed up rubbing on each other either.

I've been doing something similar with bubble wrap envelopes. They slide in ok and are separated by their own wraps on the inside, but I can't help but feel like the OEM packaging was far and away superior.

...I guess I could buy cheaper secondhand plates that have them, steal the plastic inserts, and then sell the plates...but that feels like it isn't quite the right option.