IGNORED

Monster Race on Gameboy

phart010

I found rare footage of this obscure Japanese Gameboy game called Monster Race. This game looks exactly like Pokémon on Gameboy. Like the sprites, the tiles, the buildings, furniture, trees, everything…

I wonder if this was actually built off of the Pokémon engine. Or what if Pokémon was built using the Monster Race engine 🤯

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny because this is not Monster Race, or more specific, Monster Races.

I have a proto for that game which was made by Teirtex.  I've claimed in the past that it's the only known copy in existence, but people keep point to this game.  It is not this game.  Mine is more akin to an R. C. Pro-Am style game with monter racers you can select which were to have different stats.

I'd peg the game at about 70% complete.  It needs an in-game HUD and some "glue", but it is playable and IIRC, the enemy driver AI even works.

I'll see if I can dig up my screenshots I've taken in the past.

56 minutes ago, RH said:

Here's a link to some old photos I took of this game on my Google Drive. Again, definitely not "Monster Race" in Japan.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17TIeal4t4Zf-evtT-X-SnxoF1BrkMhD1?usp=sharing

Your right it’s not called Monster Race, it’s called もんすたあ レース.. I think that’s close enough though 😛

So you are the only person that has Monster Race.. did you dump it?