IGNORED

The Easy Ones

SNESNESCUBE64

Isn't it great when you are having a terrible week and you get a "gimme"? When the fix is super easy or super silly? I had that happen yesterday with an Asteroids Deluxe board. Currently I am just starting a restore on an empty Asteroids Deluxe table, it was empty so I am currently sourcing everything for it. Well I got to the game board after rebuilding a junk AR1 supply I bought years ago on the cheap and building a little test harness that just runs power. Well at first I got nothing. So I pulled the board out to inspect it, see if there was any damage. Sure enough, the crystal had broken off at some point in the past.

20221018_224631.thumb.jpg.7c7970dfcfd0f702716a7914ad3320ad.jpg

I borrowed a crystal from another board that I will have to repair at some point, and it fired right up it seems. Now it's hard to tell of I am going to run into any issues because I didn't hook up the Z axis, hence why everything is connected. But this is a good sign that this board is working at least from a video perspective.

20221019_062914.jpg.c831ff87d9356ddd0368bc5430f376a0.jpg

20221019_062925.jpg.4ba1810937d3b6338b57a5ac8d8ae90d.jpg

What was your favorite "easy one" story? Doesn't have to be an easy one. Just could be a guess you made that ended up being the issue.

• Like 3

Social Team · Posted

My parents remote for the cable box wasn't working on some buttons.  Open her up and  IPA the contact traces and slapped it back together and boom!  Works like a charm again.  Only way it could be easier is if the batteries where dead and needing to be replaced.  But figured you wanted something that required the device to be opened up at least.  Had similar issues with some very old controllers not being as responsive.  Now my one PS2 controller....I'm still working on trying to fix that one.

• Like 1