IGNORED

Retrotainment Steam Releases Question

darkchylde28

Does anybody know if any of the Retrotainment game releases on Steam include a ROM?  I'm asking due to getting a notice that the Full Quiet Kickstarter rewards are getting ready to be completed and shipped out the door, and in addition to getting a Steam key for Full Quiet by default for backing at the level I did, I'm seeing that there's an optional add-on for the Steam versions of Haunted Hollow '85 and '86 as well.  I ended up with a Steam copy of Micro Mages a while back, and it included a ROM that was playable on my Everdrive, so I'm curious as to whether the same is true for Retrotainment's stuff as well.  It's much easier for me to just put everything I want to play on my Everdrive and leave it in my system versus swapping carts constantly, hence my interest in whether ROMs are included or not.  While I already own both Haunted Hollow games, I'd be down for an extra purchase if each one came with a ROM, but not so much if it just gives the ability to play those games on PC, as I'd much rather do so on an actual console and will skip the purchase if the ROMs aren't included.  Thanks for any heads up on this that anyone can offer.

Anybody else have any idea on this?  It's hard to imagine that as excited as some folks seemed to get when the Steam releases were announced that nobody threw down money on them so as to not be able to know if a ROM was included or not.  Thanks in advance for any confirmation one way or the other.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, IBtiM said:

Sorry for the late reply @darkchylde28 but we do not distribute the ROMS. It is a team decision to handle it this way and we apologize if you don't agree with that. We sincerely appreciate your support of our projects.

I would say not to purchase extra Steam versions, since they do not include the ROMS.

No worries!  I would like it better if the ROMs did get distributed, as it would make it easier for folks like me who tend to put all their physical games on one flash cart versus swapping carts all the time, but that's your guys' decision, you're up front about it, and I respect that.  Thanks for the heads up!