IGNORED

Anybody have a list of all the international variants of the SMB multicarts?

wyansas

I took over an international Super Mario Bros variants collection from another collector a few years ago and I've almost got all the variants I've set out to collect.  Right now, I'm only collecting every label and cart variant from every country that were just SMB, not SMB plus Duck Hunt, Track Meet, Tetris, etc.

But now I'm entertaining the idea of getting all the multicart variants too, and I'm wondering how difficult that would be.  Does anybody here happen to have a list of them all ready-made for me?  I will have to do a lot of eBay research and scope out the endeavor fully before I decide whether to do it or not, but if someone here happened to have already done all that work for me, that would be sweet.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fcgamer said:

May I see a picture of the contents of the box on the left please? I could possibly help you out with that bit, and I promise not to act like a tool 🙂

There are only 3 legit famicom variants I know of, and here they are on top of the clone versions 

20220817_135452.jpg.294d40d1f4573bc095b02a806e286bbf.jpg

Edited by wyansas

2 hours ago, wyansas said:

I'm not trying to be as thorough with the clone versions because it seems like there are an indefinite number of them.  But I'll take all the help I can get.

20220817_231653.jpg.264e7c910abe49749ce39498c19d99e1.jpg

Yeah, even ones from the same company would have multiple variants depending on what colour plastic shells were being used at the time. For clone collectors, I don't know of many who would start collecting color variants even, as it's an endless rabbit hole.

I've got some I'll pull out and show you, which you should try to track down though.