IGNORED

Clayfighter Tournament Edition Super Nintendo Blockbuster Exclusive?

Does anyone else have one with a V-seam or remember much about the release? Was it a Blockbuster exclusive to start like some of the N64 games then followed by a regular release?
This ad straight up says it was a blockbuster exclusive around the time of the World Championships Tournament lol

image.thumb.png.7ff9a5a9632802a8bbcaece672e316dd.png

I see WATA only has this unsealed NS 7.0 in their population report that Bryan just sold which doesn't make any sense and I have never seen one besides mine I bought from Pink Gorilla Games in Washington state on Amazon years ago and wonder if it maybe came from someone on the inside with Nintendo

https://www.ebay.com/p/4554?iid=274974556627

IMG_0891.JPG

IMG_0892.JPG

Edited by Nintendopower4ever
  • Like 2

Can’t speak on the seam but it seems like it was just a Blockbuster exclusive from what I read on most sites. No retail release. It’s really strange though that this game sells for so little when in comparison Sculptors Cut sells for much much more. Must have printed a ton of these for blockbuster. 

I'm not an expert on any of this stuff so take this with a gigantic grain of salt but...presuming it was a Blockbuster exclusive and taking that as a fact, wouldn't the games still be sealed when they arrived at Blockbuster? You'd think for protection, they'd still shrink wrap them.

Maybe some Blockbuster got 100 copies of the game, opened 90 of them, and 10 remain in sealed condition somewhere in the world.

Again don't take this for gospel, just a random theory I thought of, food for thought.

12 minutes ago, Khromak said:

I'm not an expert on any of this stuff so take this with a gigantic grain of salt but...presuming it was a Blockbuster exclusive and taking that as a fact, wouldn't the games still be sealed when they arrived at Blockbuster? You'd think for protection, they'd still shrink wrap them.

Maybe some Blockbuster got 100 copies of the game, opened 90 of them, and 10 remain in sealed condition somewhere in the world.

Again don't take this for gospel, just a random theory I thought of, food for thought.

Yeah they always came sealed to blockbuster and then the employees would cut the wrap open with box cutters and slap security stickers all over everything. I have some Blockbuster boxes with razor cuts literally on all 4 sides plus the front. Very few sealed games escaped their wrath lol

Edited by Nintendopower4ever
  • Like 1