IGNORED

Mario The Juggler and others

TimCrisis

Hi!

My wife just dug out some of her old Game & Watch handheld games from 80s/90s. No boxes sadly.

They've not been played in 30 years I imagine so we are going to give them a test

She had a look on ebay and Mario the Juggler is listed for around £500 and the other two possibly £200 between them but overall selling for about 2/3rds those prices.

Would people recommend selling these on ebay or somewhere more niche? 

Worth selling as a bundle or individually?

Worth buying a box from someone else and then selling as boxed or is this frowned upon as it's not that units original box?

Thanks for your help

Tim

IMG_20220522_210147.jpg

We have a for sale forum if you want to post a topic there. Selling as a bundle will net you less but make the process easier. We use either eBay sold listings or PriceCharting or GameValueNow to get an idea of a starting price for items.  Personally I wouldn’t try to find boxes I’m not sure how much it would increase your profit after you paid out the nose for the boxes if they aren’t readily available. Good luck

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Agree 1

@TimCrisis If you want speed, bundle it.  But if you want to make a killing, individually.  DKjr is a fairly cheap one, but that Mario the Juggler is a pain to come across as it was the very last one ever made, and made well after the others so I doubt there were that many made either.  I've seen that one hit over $1000 when complete, but it's easily $600+ loose, but DKjr is like $50 compared.  DK2 is on the cheap side like DKjr is too.

Usually the high dollar ones are the earliest models who don't have a mascot like Mario or DK involved, but the generic ones with Mr Game & Watch that have silver and gold metal faces like Parachute, Manhole, Ball, etc.  A few other oddities that do have an obscurer mascot tie get into the hundreds like Climber (a non icy ice climber spinoff) and Balloon Fight which is the Game-C on that with the star field.  You're well over if you think you'll get 200GBP out of those DK games individually as I have collected these off and on for years... I mean hey if you can find a local that nuts, go for it.

Edit: DO NOT buy the box, manual, and inserts.  Given the nature of the game & watch most of those have been tossed out far more than gameboy, nes, etc stuff.  You'll pay too much for a manual, horribly for the box and other insert sheets to where you'll lose your money and turn a loss making it complete to sell.  It's like the slime with old vintage toys, you can buy a complete toy for $100, or you can buy each missing accessory for $10 here $20 there, and once you're done you'll pay 100% more for the 'complete' item.

Edited by Tanooki