IGNORED

Pokemon Dash DS Not For Resale

Skorp

So curious who are the lucky ones that got Pokemon Dash not for resale into their collection if you care to share. Been keeping track of the sales and boy the market is hot for it as expected. Was great while it lasted being the only one for a looong time owning Pokemon Dash not for resale for so many years. 😄 Really thought it was a prototype, but now it is confirmed that it's just a demo that for some reason is incredibly rare ( and also have been only been found outside of North America despite it being a USA demo). So far I believe 4 have been sold so plus mine there are 5 out there. Who knows now maybe there is a stockpile of them hidden somewhere. Time will tell!

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well dang, I just checked and ebay and didn't realize any more had surfaced besides yours. Quite expensive, but it seems like just one seller. That seller may have more then the 4 we have seen (3 sold and 1 listed) so far. Seller would be smart to not flood the market and make people realize there are a lot out there, if that were the case. I guess I'm going to bide my time on this one, as it is one I do still need, though I don't want to have to justify spending ~700USD on one, or even 140USD or whatever the cheapest sold for.

EDIT: Seller seems to have lots of 5x or 10x of PAL gamecube demo discs, so I bet they found a cache of old promotional games somewhere, probably just a few specific ones that include the dash nfr. Lucky them, but I'm pretty confident in sayign more then the 5 dash nfr we currently know about exist.

Edited by Fluff

5 hours ago, Fluff said:

Well dang, I just checked and ebay and didn't realize any more had surfaced besides yours. Quite expensive, but it seems like just one seller. That seller may have more then the 4 we have seen (3 sold and 1 listed) so far. Seller would be smart to not flood the market and make people realize there are a lot out there, if that were the case. I guess I'm going to bide my time on this one, as it is one I do still need, though I don't want to have to justify spending ~700USD on one, or even 140USD or whatever the cheapest sold for.

EDIT: Seller seems to have lots of 5x or 10x of PAL gamecube demo discs, so I bet they found a cache of old promotional games somewhere, probably just a few specific ones that include the dash nfr. Lucky them, but I'm pretty confident in sayign more then the 5 dash nfr we currently know about exist.

I did have a very good chat with him. He said he was able to get a total of 11 of the dashes in a bundle with the demo discs. They were thrown out and found by someone and he ended up buying it. So it is safe to say he has a couple more after that one so maybe 6 - 7. Hope that helps you decide!

I also saw that the first buyer for the dash that was around $100 to $150 resold for $700, so that wasn't an extra one, but the same one. That kept confusing me.

Edited by Skorp

On 5/22/2022 at 12:53 AM, Skorp said:

I did have a very good chat with him. He said he was able to get a total of 11 of the dashes in a bundle with the demo discs. They were thrown out and found by someone and he ended up buying it. So it is safe to say he has a couple more after that one so maybe 6 - 7. Hope that helps you decide!

I also saw that the first buyer for the dash that was around $100 to $150 resold for $700, so that wasn't an extra one, but the same one. That kept confusing me.

Cool! Thanks for the info. So we know 12 pokemon dash NFR exist, which put it on par with some of the rarest ditribution cartridges (I think Euro Arcues has about 9 known, tho surely there are more in a few hoarders collections. Also not sure how many dragonite cartridges exist but they are certainly nearly impossible to find undamaged, and still very uncommon damaged/refurbished. And of course the japanese distribution cart is still 1/1). I'm a little surprised someone bought a niche nfr like this just to resell, but I guess that's the current state of collecting.

9 hours ago, Fluff said:

Cool! Thanks for the info. So we know 12 pokemon dash NFR exist, which put it on par with some of the rarest ditribution cartridges (I think Euro Arcues has about 9 known, tho surely there are more in a few hoarders collections. Also not sure how many dragonite cartridges exist but they are certainly nearly impossible to find undamaged, and still very uncommon damaged/refurbished. And of course the japanese distribution cart is still 1/1). I'm a little surprised someone bought a niche nfr like this just to resell, but I guess that's the current state of collecting.

Yeah the Dragonite one is the only one I need undamaged otherwise my US set is complete and undamaged. My Dragonite works, but it is still damaged, which I guess it much, much better than those restored ones that have flooded the market. Trying to have the set fully complete and undamaged/near mint.

On 5/23/2022 at 5:03 PM, Skorp said:

Yeah the Dragonite one is the only one I need undamaged otherwise my US set is complete and undamaged. My Dragonite works, but it is still damaged, which I guess it much, much better than those restored ones that have flooded the market. Trying to have the set fully complete and undamaged/near mint.

I'm in the same boat as you for dragonite. I believe I've seen 2 undamaged ones for sale and I didn't pull the trigger either time, regretting that now (one might not have had the back label iirc? They were both years ago). There's also a photo of an undamaged one with kurtori's watermark on the ninendemos site, so assuming that wasn't one of the two sold, we know of 3 undamaged (although maybe not fully complete since the back label may have been missing on one). 

The "restored" ones drive me crazy, its barely even the original anything anymore. Just the original board, but repro donor cartridge. At that point you could stick and R4 card in there and just switch the label... Its not like people are often opening up DS games to make sure the board is legit. Also most of the damage carts don't need repro cartridges, you can bend them back into place (or even they don't need to bend at all in some cases). I know my dragonite cartridge is a little but of a tight fit, but it does work fine in my consoles. 

Personally I am also trying to complete the EUR distribution set, I still need EUR Arceus (oof). Sometimes I wish their was more interest in NFR collecting, but then again its already so scarse that it would honestly make it sooo much harder and more expensive to collect.

Edited by Fluff