IGNORED

Is there a version of GTA San Andreas that will run on an NTSC-J XBOX 360?

OptOut

GTA San Andreas was rereleased on Xbox 360, but not in the NTSC-J format.

I have heard that the USA version of this game is region locked, and will NOT run on a Japanese system.

Does anyone know or can test if the PAL version will run on the NTSC-J system? I have heard that it runs on the US system, which gives me hope, but I specifically want to know if the PAL version will run on an NTSC-J system.

Can anyone help?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

You need something doing, better do it yourself I guess!

Just got this beauty in:

IMG20220822191843.thumb.jpg.2a8ef2aff21b9005d5306f2d07a73f9d.jpg

This is the USA version, marked up for sale here in Taiwan!

IMG20220822191858.thumb.jpg.5fc89801ac3f8681cc41b2eaea279e21.jpg

It's still sealed so I haven't actually tested it, but the very fact it is here for sale with the official Taiwanese rating sticker indicates that indeed it would run on the Taiwanese NTSC-J 360.

So, that's that then! Big thanks to @OptOut for the info dude, you're the fucking best mate! 😘

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, OptOut said:

You need something doing, better do it yourself I guess!

Just got this beauty in:

IMG20220822191843.thumb.jpg.2a8ef2aff21b9005d5306f2d07a73f9d.jpg

This is the USA version, marked up for sale here in Taiwan!

IMG20220822191858.thumb.jpg.5fc89801ac3f8681cc41b2eaea279e21.jpg

It's still sealed so I haven't actually tested it, but the very fact it is here for sale with the official Taiwanese rating sticker indicates that indeed it would run on the Taiwanese NTSC-J 360.

So, that's that then! Big thanks to @OptOut for the info dude, you're the fucking best mate! 😘

I've actually been thinking of collecting Japanese Xbox 360 recently, it's so cheap. I almost pulled the trigger on a huge lot recently that worked out to $4 a game! But then I spent the money on official Nintendo Japanese GC game guides 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brickman said:

I've actually been thinking of collecting Japanese Xbox 360 recently, it's so cheap. I almost pulled the trigger on a huge lot recently that worked out to $4 a game! But then I spent the money on official Nintendo Japanese GC game guides 🤣

Huge fan of the system myself! Great games on the 360, and yeah the prices are insanely cheap!

Happy to get a copy of this game again BTW, seeing as I can't get the OG XBOX version of San Andreas to work properly on my modded XBOX for some reason!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Huge fan of the system myself! Great games on the 360, and yeah the prices are insanely cheap!

Happy to get a copy of this game again BTW, seeing as I can't get the OG XBOX version of San Andreas to work properly on my modded XBOX for some reason!

Yeah I love it too. I’ve played through a lot of the greats on the system but wouldn’t mind replaying them again. The Darkness, Halo Reach, gears 2, Mass Effect 1-2, Alan Wake. So many great memories with the 360 🙂

• Love 1