IGNORED

Where to buy Japanese releases (Gameboy, Famicom, Super Famicom) in USA?

frostmilk

I'm looking for some specific japanese releases, mostly (Gameboy, Famicom, Super Famicom) but is hard to deal with ebay japanese sellers.  

I know there's a lot japan sellers on ebay but most all use the same old stock photos for his listings, that mean what do you see is not what do you get, they seems don't care or understand about the condition.

Any US online store or dealer or some contact that sells Japanese (Gameboy, Famicom, Super Famicom)?

Thanks.

@frostmilk

I have a few suggestions.

The first is ebay, but you sort by US only.  I can name a few I've used that are very reputable for those very 3 systems, N64 and GC too. pal52, retro_saikou, and shisochou are all US based.  IF you don't mind importing, they're very honest and use real images and their english isn't half bad either: ryoplanshop (which I've used mainly for Gameboy stuff)

If you go Japan (or US) use this variable to nail down 8bit gameboy/color stuff only "nintendo game boy -advance" which is how I poke around for stuff.  I would NEVER suggest using an American based or Japanese based web store, they'll nail your ass to the wall with a large mark up and the shpping is commonly shit for the old stuff.  YesAsia and PlayAsia though if you want Switch stuff, hands down, really good choices given the system has no region lock.

Personally if you don't use those accounts I gave, just use the search I did.  remove -advance for GBA.  pop out the game boy part and stuff in famicom for FC and add -super to cut out those, or keep super but then you get both as it's unavoidable.

Might be best to skim the wiki for a systems entire game list, find what you want, and modify the search popping part of the game name into it.

Beyond that, use yahoo japan auctions or amazon japan, but USE a broker.  I've researched it since I hit a wall finding a few thigns ebay is just disgustingly extortionate on.  ZenMarket (zenmarket.jp) is the best one.  They charge a flat $3USD fee to use them to pay for you from the Japanese sites.  All you do is just pay the current conversion rate, and then whatever shipping costs from Japanese guy to them in Japan, then them in Japan to you.  Saves a bundle because you're not putting up with the ebay GSP scam rates and the FVF garbage they kick the prices up even higher over from Japan to here.

• Wow! 1

On 1/31/2021 at 7:31 PM, Tanooki said:

@frostmilk

I have a few suggestions.

The first is ebay, but you sort by US only.  I can name a few I've used that are very reputable for those very 3 systems, N64 and GC too. pal52, retro_saikou, and shisochou are all US based.  IF you don't mind importing, they're very honest and use real images and their english isn't half bad either: ryoplanshop (which I've used mainly for Gameboy stuff)

If you go Japan (or US) use this variable to nail down 8bit gameboy/color stuff only "nintendo game boy -advance" which is how I poke around for stuff.  I would NEVER suggest using an American based or Japanese based web store, they'll nail your ass to the wall with a large mark up and the shpping is commonly shit for the old stuff.  YesAsia and PlayAsia though if you want Switch stuff, hands down, really good choices given the system has no region lock.

Personally if you don't use those accounts I gave, just use the search I did.  remove -advance for GBA.  pop out the game boy part and stuff in famicom for FC and add -super to cut out those, or keep super but then you get both as it's unavoidable.

Might be best to skim the wiki for a systems entire game list, find what you want, and modify the search popping part of the game name into it.

Beyond that, use yahoo japan auctions or amazon japan, but USE a broker.  I've researched it since I hit a wall finding a few thigns ebay is just disgustingly extortionate on.  ZenMarket (zenmarket.jp) is the best one.  They charge a flat $3USD fee to use them to pay for you from the Japanese sites.  All you do is just pay the current conversion rate, and then whatever shipping costs from Japanese guy to them in Japan, then them in Japan to you.  Saves a bundle because you're not putting up with the ebay GSP scam rates and the FVF garbage they kick the prices up even higher over from Japan to here.

Hey!!! great reply, thank you, help me a lot.

Specially about zenmarket.jp not for only video games, I collect other stuff from japan and I was looking a service like that, I need a service that acts like forward to me, due many japanese sellers don't ship to USA, I'll go to learn how https://zenmarket.jp/ works.

Thank You!